Review Your Schedule
Keene State College provides new first time students an academic start by registering you in at least two classes required for your intended major and graduation for the Fall 2019 semester. You will be registered for these courses based on what you told us about your area of academic interest and what the faculty in that discipline recommends.
If you’ve indicated to us that you’re undecided, you will also be registered for at least two courses that will help you clarify your academic direction and, no matter what major you eventually choose, these particular courses will apply towards your graduation requirements.
1. View your schedule
- Log into MyKSC
- Select Student Services tab. Select “Student Planning”. Look for the tab at the top that says Student Planning, pulldown and select “Plan and Schedule”. Your pre-registered fall classes will be plotted on the grid.
During Owl Orientation you’ll complete your schedule with the assistance of an Orientation Advisor. You’ll learn about how you can use Student Planning in MyKSC to keep track of what requirements you’ve satisfied and what courses you still need to take.
2. Let us know about AP courses and transfer credits
If you have completed any advanced placement courses or have taken courses at another college and plan on transferring that information to Keene State, make sure you include those course topics in your program planning. Remember to submit official transcripts from colleges attended, or College Board for AP credit.
KSC will verify the transferability of any coursework, but for now we want to avoid duplication. If you are registered in a Fall 2019 course that you have previously completed at another institution, please notify Academic and Career Advising by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Learn the components of a Keene State College degree
At Keene State, a typical semester course is worth 4 credits, and 120 credits are required for graduation. Although you are considered a fulltime student with 12 credits per semester, we urge students to enroll in 16 credits to graduate on time.
While accruing the 120 credits needed to graduate, you must fulfill three different kinds of degree requirements.
- Integrative Studies Program (ISP) (the KSC General Education program)
Use the Academic Catalog to get familiar with Keene State’s:
- Majors and Degree requirements
- Undergraduate programs
- Academic Support
We are providing three opportunities for you to adjust your schedule:
- June 2019 Owl Orientation
- Assisted schedule adjustment during Welcome Days (August 21-24, 2019. Look for specific dates and times as Welcome Days materials are finalized)
- Faculty signature only: Schedule Adjustment week: August 26 – August 30, 2019
Adjust if you choose but remember, DON’T DROP A CLASS UNTIL YOU ADD ANOTHER.