Discover Your Path to Success with Career Services!
From your first year to graduation and beyond, we’ve got your back. Unleash your potential with personalized support, Handshake access, expert internship and job search strategies, and valuable career exploration tools. Come visit us in the Elliot Center and let’s unlock your career possibilities together!
Spring 2024 Career Events
Save the Dates!
Resume Review Day
Thursday, March 28th, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, TBD
Environmental, Sustainability, & Summer Camps Career & Internship Fair
Monday, April 1st, 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm, Student Center Atrium
Business and Media Career & Internship Fair
Tuesday, April 2nd, 12:30 – 2:30 pm, Student Center Atrium
Social Services, Justice, and Healthcare Career & Internship Fair
Wednesday, April 3rd, 12:30 – 2:30 pm, Student Center Atrium
Manufacturing and STEM Career & Internship Fair
Thursday, April 4th, 12:30 – 2:30 pm, Student Center Atrium
Career & Internship Fair Tips
- Download the Handshake App in Apple App Store or Google Play. Activate your Handshake account and update your profile.
- Research companies: using the fair directory, identify companies that align with your interests.
- Update your resume and get it reviewed at Career Services.
- Prepare your elevator pitch: use our worksheets to help you craft an elevator pitch that introduces yourself, your skills, and your career aspirations.
During the Fair:
- Dress professionally: first impressions matter. Looking for affordable professional clothes? Try the Thrifty Owl, Linda’s Closet, or local thrift stores.
- Resumes: have copies of your updated resume to distribute to recruiters.
- Ask for business cards or contact information.
- Bring a folder or portfolio: take notes about each interaction to help you remember key details.
Following the Fair:
- Send a Thank You email expressing your interest in their company and thanking them for their time.
Keene State College values its relationships with employers and community partners. We provide a number of ways to connect with students, faculty, and staff. We look forward to partnering with you to build your talent pipelines.