During your last year, our career services and resources are here to help you prepare for the next chapter. Schedule an appointment with a Career Advisor today!
Spring 2024 Career Events
Save the Dates!
Resume Review Day
Thursday, March 28th, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, TBD
Environmental, Sustainability, & Summer Camps Career & Internship Fair
Monday, April 1st, 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm, Student Center Atrium
Business and Media Career & Internship Fair
Tuesday, April 2nd, 12:30 – 2:30 pm, Student Center Atrium
Social Services, Justice, and Healthcare Career & Internship Fair
Wednesday, April 3rd, 12:30 – 2:30 pm, Student Center Atrium
Manufacturing and STEM Career & Internship Fair
Thursday, April 4th, 12:30 – 2:30 pm, Student Center Atrium
Career & Internship Fair Tips
- Download the Handshake App in Apple App Store or Google Play. Activate your Handshake account and update your profile.
- Research companies: using the fair directory, identify companies that align with your interests.
- Update your resume and get it reviewed at Career Services.
- Prepare your elevator pitch: use our worksheets to help you craft an elevator pitch that introduces yourself, your skills, and your career aspirations.
During the Fair:
- Dress professionally: first impressions matter. Looking for affordable professional clothes? Try the Thrifty Owl, Linda’s Closet, or local thrift stores.
- Resumes: have copies of your updated resume to distribute to recruiters.
- Ask for business cards or contact information.
- Bring a folder or portfolio: take notes about each interaction to help you remember key details.
Following the Fair:
- Send a Thank You email expressing your interest in their company and thanking them for their time.
Resume, Cover Letter, and LinkedIn
A resume is your professional introduction to an employer or graduate program. Create a resume that highlights how your education, skills, experiences, and accomplishments will benefit each position you apply to.
KSC Students and Alumni: log into Handshake and visit the Career Center Resources page for an expanded selection of KSC resume and cover letter samples by academic major.
A job interview is one of the most important parts of a job search. It’s an opportunity to talk about the skills, experience, knowledge, and value you will bring to the organization. Need help? Schedule an appointment for a practice interview with Career Services.
Salary Negotiation and Job Offer Resources
Prepare for your interview and potential job offer by knowing your worth, researching salaries, and understanding & practicing negotiation.
Career Services assists students in planning for graduate school. Ideally, graduate school planning should begin early in a student’s college career to assure that prerequisite courses are taken and that students are well-prepared for admissions examinations.
Maybe you are wondering what career options are available for your major. We can help. Career exploration includes thinking about what you value, identifying your strengths and interests, exploring different career options, and developing a plan. Take the first step by clicking on the links below.