Keene State College is closely monitoring the weather which could impact travel plans related to the opening of our residence halls. Because the weather is subject to change, a decision to change the opening schedule will be made, and announced, closer to Thursday or early Friday. An announcement will be made by the Residential Life Office via Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and student email.
Welcome back! We can’t believe that the spring term is almost upon us and that students will be moving into their Residence Halls beginning at noon on the 19th unless you have received permission to come early.
We hope you had a long and enjoyable break! We will see you all soon.
Living on Campus
In order to ease your transition to college - and increase your chances for success - Keene State College requires all first and second year students to live on campus. This approach supports significant research indicating that first-year and sophomore students who live on campus are more likely to be successful academically, socially and developmentally.
The same research indicates that after the second year, the positive influence of life on campus has left its mark, and most students choose to live off-campus for their junior and senior years, though some do live in our limited number of on-campus apartments.
Living/Learning Communities help create a more seamless transition to college life by providing an environment where faculty and residential staff work collaboratively to nurture communities where students can develop friendships and succeed academically.
Thinking of moving off-campus? Need information to help you make the best decision? Are you seeking information to address an issue with your off-campus rental? Resources for students and families considering a move off-campus, including those listings that have passed the City of Keene Voluntary Housing Inspection, and valuable information for those already living off-campus, can all be found at our off-campus housing site. You may also contact our Coordinator of Student and Community Relations for questions and information.
- On-Campus Residency Requirement Exception Request
- Release from Housing Contract
- Housing Contract
- Student Guest Registration Form
- Common Questions — You’ve got questions; we’ve got answers. Check out our F.A.Q.
- Residential Life Staff — Our central office and residence hall staff is here to support and assist you in your experience living here at Keene State.
- Working in Residential Life — Res Life offers a number of opportunities for rewarding work, including positions as Resident Assistants, Residence Directors, Desk Attendants, and Student Office Assistants.
- Additional Resources — Quick links to everything Res Life-related.