Skip Navigation
Dining Commons Salad Bar

Housing & Dining Application

How do I sign up for housing and a meal plan?

Access the Housing and Dining Application: You will receive an email to your KSC email address from Residential Life and Housing Services about completing your housing and dining application online. This will not be sent to your personal email address so keep checking your KSC email account regularly.

Submit the Housing and Dining Application: As a new student seeking on-campus housing you are required to complete and submit your housing and dining application, which includes commitment to the housing and meal plan contracts, no later than June 23rd. If you need to submit your application and agree to the housing and meal plan contracts after June 23rd, the link will still be available but housing will be on a space available basis and your preferences may not be able to be met. If you are under age 18, you’ll need a parent or legal guardian to agree to these contracts.

Notification of your Housing Assignment: In early to mid-July, you will be notified of your housing assignment and given contact information for your roommate(s), as well as information regarding your campus mailstop and KSC mailing address.

Am I required to live on campus?

All students who are identified as credit wise first year and sophomores are required to live on campus unless granted an exception by the Associate Dean, Director of Residential Life and Housing Services. This includes transfer students who come to Keene State as a first year or sophomore.

Exceptions will be considered for students living with a parent or legal guardian within 30 miles of the campus, married students, and non-traditionally aged students. Other exceptions may be made due to extenuating and mitigating circumstances related to health and safety issues. The request for an exception to the on-campus residency requirement must come from the student, not from the parent or legal guardian. Request an exception

Can I choose the residence hall I want to live in?

You’ll be able to select your own housing during the first year housing selection process, but it will be based on space available at your selection time. You may want to consider living in a Living and Learning Community for first-year students. Click here for more information on all the residence halls.

Can I room with a friend?

While we do not guarantee roommate preferences, mutually confirmed roommate requests made via the housing application before June 23rd will have the greatest chance of being able to select housing together. For requests after June 23rd, select your preferred roommate on your housing application and we will do our best to accommodate your request given the spaces still available. Please note that if you are selected to be in an LLC and your requested roommate is not, you cannot be housed together. LLC placement will supersede your roommate request. Also, Living Learning Communities have a requirement that only students from the same LLC can live together. This would then supersede your roommate request of a student in a different LLC.

Am I required to have a Meal Plan?

All students living anywhere other than the Pondside 2 apartments are required to carry one of the Hootie’s Choice or the Owl Access Meal Plan. Find more information about the meal plans here. If you are housed anywhere other than the Pondside 2 apartments and you do not select one of the meal plans, the Hootie’s Choice Plus Swipes Meal Plan will be automatically assigned to you.

What are the housing and meal plan contracts all about?

Your housing and meal plan are contracted for the full academic year and billed by semester. Contracts are similar to a lease and will require students to remain on campus for the entire length of the contract. Please read the Housing Terms and Conditions [PDF] and the Meal Plan Contract Terms and Conditions [PDF].


Contact Orientation Staff

For general orientation questions, contact our office:

☎ 603-358-2869