Skip Navigation


If any, or all, of the following apply, please adhere to Keene State College’s travel policy and within the parameters of the USNH travel policy:

  • The event is funded in any part by Keene State College
  • The activity or event is sponsored by a recognized student organization
  • The travel is undertaken under the scope, direction or election of a department, class, college office, study away program, faculty member, recognized student organization, or their representatives.

When planning travel, build in enough planning time for processing.

  • At least 5 days prior to departure for travel in-state
  • No later than 10 days prior to departure for out of state
  • At least 3 months prior to departure for international trips

Persons with disabilities are entitled to participate – accommodations must be offered.

Keene State College’s travel policy addresses the needs of four different types of travel. These are:

Air Travel Procedures

Call contracted Vendors w/Travel Information:

If proposed itinerary is suitable, Agency emails it to the Purchasing Office, Accounts Payable and the Budget Manager you specified. Purchasing books travel upon receipt of:

  • Budget Manager/Dean approval
  • Fund/Org and Business Purpose is emailed to


No more than 10 people (including driver) per passenger van.


  • Usave Car Rental is a preferred local vendor 603-352-7900
  • Enterprise Rent A Car is now a contracted vendor. However, drivers under the age of 21 are only allowed to rent cars from NH locations. Under 21 drivers can rent from Enterprise in Keene and travel out of state, but will be denied a car rental if they try to rent a car from an Enterprise location outside of NH.
  • Travel Agencies (see above) can assist with out of state reservations
  • Itemized receipt needed
  • Fuel reimbursement for rentals only
  • CDW insurance not needed if PCard is used and KSC insurance coverage if accident/issues

Personal vehicles

  • Use personal vehicle form
  • Itemization needed
  • Fuel/ wear and tear covered in mileage reimbursement
  • Personal insurance covers accidents/ issues

Travel Approval Process

No travel will be considered approved or connected to Keene State College and no college funds may be used or reimbursed without going through the appropriate approval process. Please refer to the policy if you need assistance determining the correct approver(s) – knowing this can save planning time.

Travel Reimbursements

Itemized receipts are needed for travel meals or Per Diem rates (or foreign Per Diem rates) can be used without receipts if travel includes at least one overnight. Itemized meal receipts and per diem cannot be mixed. Tips should be no more than 15-20%. No alcohol allowed. Following appropriate travel procedures, travel reimbursements are processed through Accounts Payable. Please note: USNH will only reimburse a traveler for items paid personally (conference fees, plane and train tickets, etc.) after the travel has taken place.

Contact Purchasing

Fiske Annex, M-1601
Keene State College
229 Main St, Keene NH 03435
☎ 603-358-2494 (pcard, vendor, and general questions) (travel related items) (printer questions and copy codes)