Cash and Carry - priced to move on a first come - first serve basis. Bring a truck and your friends and pick up a bargain. Typical items that may be for sale: Assorted furniture, including desks, tables, chairs, etc. and?
Please drop by and say hello during one of our sales! We look forward to seeing you!
Time and Location
322 Winchester St, Keene, NH
Usually the second (2nd) Saturday of every month 8 a.m. to noon.
Note parking policy: All cars must be parked in the KSC Commuter lot on Winchester Street behind the Surplus House. The smaller parking area next to the Surplus House will be available for loading with the permission of KSC Surplus staff only.
Surplus Sale Dates
No events found.
Surplus Property: Excess Equipment
All equipment and property used by a KSC department currently, or in the future, that was purchased with Keene State College funds is owned by and belongs to the University System of New Hampshire. Property cannot be disposed of without prior approval of the Purchasing Office.
Equipment, Furniture, and Supplies Changes
The Keene State Purchasing Office is to be informed (writing or e-mail) when items are:
- changing location (i.e. building)
- transferred to another department
- acquired by means other than the standard purchasing process, (i.e. donated)
- being considered for a trade-in
- broken and may be discarded
- no longer being used/ needed by a department
- If there are excess equipment/furniture items that need to be removed from your area, they must be disposed through our campus surplus program.
- Items declared “surplus” will be entered into the Surplus Program and sold/distributed through our network.
Our goal is to advertise and recycle as many good useable surplus items such as desks, file cabinets, chairs, bookcases, etc. on campus in a fair, orderly and cost effective process.
To declare an item surplus:
- Notify the purchasing department by e-mail, of the item to be placed in the surplus property network.
- If any item has a Keene State bar code tag, please include the bar code number on any correspondence.
The Purchasing office will coordinate move by the Physical Plant Grounds Department to move the item(s) from your office to the surplus store at 322 Winchester Street and it will be included in our surplus property.
Surplus property for KSC Office use:
- The Surplus house will now be open to campus community the second Monday of each month from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Items needed for KSC office use only may be tagged during this time. Items for personal use cannot be tagged and must be purchased during regularly scheduled sales. In lieu of completing an MRO you will be asked to complete paperwork indicating where the item is to be moved and that it is for KSC office use.
- Grounds crew will move requested item(s) prior to the regularly scheduled sale the following Saturday.
- This will be the only other time during the month items will be moved out of surplus. However, requests to move items to surplus will continue to be done on a regular basis.
Please note that items from surplus are not supported by IT, Media Services or Physical Plant.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
All items sold through the Keene State College Surplus Property Program are provided on an “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” basis without warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose. Keene State College is not responsible for any special, indirect or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from or arising out of the sale of surplus items. Keene State College does not warrant that any item sold through the college surplus property program is free from defects and/or shall function as intended. All sales are considered final.