Campus Recreation & Fitness department is hiring students as Facility Supervisors and Lifeguards for the summer. Interested students can complete the online application at https://keene.presence.io/form/campus-recreation-and-fitness-employee-application-2023-24.
Students interested in a facility supervisor position must have current first aid and CPR/AED certification and those interested in a lifeguard position must have current certification in lifeguard training, first aid and CPR/AED and have prior experience lifeguarding.
Students with lifeguard certification will also be hired as facility supervisors to receive the majority of their hours at the front desk.
Anyone interested in the summer facility supervisor and/or lifeguard positions can contact Patrick Hearn at email@example.com for more information.
The BodyWorks Fitness Center is in need of Fitness Monitors for the summer. Students will supervise the fitness center, help clean and organize the equipment and work with the Manager for summer projects. Students who are HPMS exercise science majors are preferred. Please contact Charity Sweeney, the BodyWorks Manager, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, to apply for this position.
Fall 2023 - Student Employee Positions - applications will be accepted during the summer:
- Students interested in a facility supervisor position must have current first aid and CPR/AED certification to cover the Recreation Center and indoor intramural games.
- Students who have experience in sports can be trained to officiate intramural games. Prior playing and/or officiating experience is helpful.
- Students certified to teach group fitness classes may be hired as cycling, yoga, TRX, strength training or Zumba instructors.
- Students interested in a lifeguard position must have current certification in lifeguard training, first aid and CPR/AED and have prior experience lifeguarding.
- Graphic design students looking to add work to their portfolios can apply for the advertising and design technician position to help create promotional flyers/posters, t-shirts, and manage the digital signage system for the Recreation Center front desk TV.
Students with work-study and the appropriate interest and experience for a specific position are hired first. Those with student hourly and hourly authorizations are also eligible to be hired in Campus Recreation. Student employees receive training and supervision for all positions.