Recreational Sports is accepting applications for the position of Official. Students interested in this position can apply via the online application, https://kscstudentinvolvement.wufoo.com/forms/m1aen6go0vtn8mh/.
Responsibilities for the Official’s position include: officiating various intramural sports such as volleyball, wiffleball, kickball and outdoor soccer for the spring semester. Help with other sport activities as well. Applicants do not need to have previous playing or officiating experience as all students will receive training but it is beneficial. Students must learn all sport rules and officiating techniques for the sports they officiate. The ability to handle conflict, enforce all game and sportsmanship rules as well as assist in facility/game set-up of equipment is also required. Must attend all training sessions and be available for evenings and weekends.
Academic Year - Student Employee Positions:
- Students who have experience in sports can be trained to officiate intramural sports or work as scorekeepers for intramural games. No prior experience is necessary.
- Students certified to teach group fitness classes may be hired as cycling, yoga, kickboxing, Zumba, and hydrorobics instructors.
- Students interested in a lifeguard position must have current certification in lifeguard training, first aid and CPR/AED and have prior experience lifeguarding.
- Students interested in a facility supervisor position must have current first aid and CPR/AED certification to cover the Recreation Center and indoor intramural games.
- Graphic design students looking to add work to their portfolios can apply for the advertising and design technician position to help create promotional flyers/posters, t-shirts, and manage the digital signage system for the Recreation Center front desk TV.
During the academic year, students with work-study and the appropriate interest are hired first. Student work crews receive training and supervision for all positions. Those with student hourly and hourly authorizations may also be eligible for certain positions in Recreational Sports.
When positions are available, interested students can complete the online application at https://kscstudentinvolvement.wufoo.com/forms/m1aen6go0vtn8mh/.
2019-2020 – Staff Award Recipients
I-REC Leadership Award – Presented to the student leader who makes a significant IMPACT through their RESPECT, ENTHUSIASM and COMMITMENT to the Recreational Sports program. This year’s recipient is Ben Olson, an intramural sports supervisor.
BodyWorks Fitness Center
Manager’s Award – Presented to the BodyWorks staff who demonstrate outstanding leadership and dedication to the program. This year’s recipients are Sophie Hayes, Josie Holt, Sarah Willson, and Carly Zuppe.
Outstanding Scorekeeper of the Year – Sophie Bushey
Outstanding Official of the Year – Matt Gramesty
Outstanding Supervisor of the Year – Zach Carrier
Rookie Facility Supervisor of the Year – Luci Calvi
Facility Supervisor of the Year – Jenny Badger
“Coaches” Award – Facility Supervisor – Marissa Lamoree
Rookie Lifeguard of the Year – Amy Perna
Lifeguard of the Year – Madi Cyr
Congratulations to all of our award winners and the entire Recreational Sports staff!