Students interested in working in Recreational Sports during the 2021-22 academic year can complete the online application at https://kscstudentinvolvement.wufoo.com/forms/m1aen6go0vtn8mh/. Interviews will be conducted by the hiring supervisor once students return to campus in the fall.
Academic Year - Student Employee Positions:
- Students who have experience in sports can be trained to officiate intramural sports for intramural games. Prior playing and/or officiating experience is helpful.
- Students certified to teach group fitness classes may be hired as cycling, yoga, TRX, strength training or Zumba instructors.
- Students interested in a lifeguard position must have current certification in lifeguard training, first aid and CPR/AED and have prior experience lifeguarding.
- Students interested in a facility supervisor position must have current first aid and CPR/AED certification to cover the Recreation Center and indoor intramural games.
- Graphic design students looking to add work to their portfolios can apply for the advertising and design technician position to help create promotional flyers/posters, t-shirts, and manage the digital signage system for the Recreation Center front desk TV.
During the academic year, students with work-study and the appropriate interest are hired first. Student work crews receive training and supervision for all positions. Those with student hourly and hourly authorizations may also be eligible for certain positions in Recreational Sports.
2020-2021 – Staff Awards
I-REC Leadership Award – Presented to the student leader(s) who makes a significant IMPACT through their RESPECT, ENTHUSIASM and COMMITMENT to the Recreational Sports program. This year’s recipient is the entire Recreational Sports student staff.
This year’s award is being presented to the entire student staff of Recreational Sports for their perseverance and commitment to the program during the Covid-19 pandemic.
The student staff remained diligent in adhering to and enforcing the Covid-19 safety protocols in order to have the Recreation Center remain open for our students to use for their fitness and wellness needs, to provide intramural sports and group fitness offerings to help keep our students remain engaged outside the classroom and to broaden their fitness activities.
We are always grateful and appreciative of the hard work and commitment to the Recreational Sports program by our student staff every year but especially in 2020-2021, the year we will all remember as the “Covid-19 pandemic” year.
Congratulations to entire Recreational Sports staff!