The intramural sports program is accepting applications for Sports Officials for fall 2021 now. Interested students can complete the online application at https://kscstudentinvolvement.wufoo.com/forms/m1aen6go0vtn8mh/, prior to leaving for the summer. Interviews will be conducted once students return to campus in August.
For more information about the Official’s position, student can contact Lynne Andrews, the Director of Recreational Sports, at email@example.com.
Academic Year - Student Employee Positions:
- Students who have experience in sports can be trained to officiate intramural sports or work as scorekeepers for intramural games. No prior experience is necessary.
- Students certified to teach group fitness classes may be hired as cycling, yoga, kickboxing, Zumba, and hydrorobics instructors.
- Students interested in a lifeguard position must have current certification in lifeguard training, first aid and CPR/AED and have prior experience lifeguarding.
- Students interested in a facility supervisor position must have current first aid and CPR/AED certification to cover the Recreation Center and indoor intramural games.
- Graphic design students looking to add work to their portfolios can apply for the advertising and design technician position to help create promotional flyers/posters, t-shirts, and manage the digital signage system for the Recreation Center front desk TV.
During the academic year, students with work-study and the appropriate interest are hired first. Student work crews receive training and supervision for all positions. Those with student hourly and hourly authorizations may also be eligible for certain positions in Recreational Sports.
When positions are available, interested students can complete the online application at https://kscstudentinvolvement.wufoo.com/forms/m1aen6go0vtn8mh/.
2019-2020 – Staff Award Recipients
I-REC Leadership Award – Presented to the student leader who makes a significant IMPACT through their RESPECT, ENTHUSIASM and COMMITMENT to the Recreational Sports program. This year’s recipient is Ben Olson, an intramural sports supervisor.
BodyWorks Fitness Center
Manager’s Award – Presented to the BodyWorks staff who demonstrate outstanding leadership and dedication to the program. This year’s recipients are Sophie Hayes, Josie Holt, Sarah Willson, and Carly Zuppe.
Outstanding Scorekeeper of the Year – Sophie Bushey
Outstanding Official of the Year – Matt Gramesty
Outstanding Supervisor of the Year – Zach Carrier
Rookie Facility Supervisor of the Year – Luci Calvi
Facility Supervisor of the Year – Jenny Badger
“Coaches” Award – Facility Supervisor – Marissa Lamoree
Rookie Lifeguard of the Year – Amy Perna
Lifeguard of the Year – Madi Cyr
Congratulations to all of our award winners and the entire Recreational Sports staff!