CLUB SPORTS PROGRAM
The purpose of the Club Sports Program is to provide students an opportunity to participate in an organized team or individual sport program and to enhance their skills in a particular sport.
The benefits of club sport participation may include the development of student leadership skills, a team-oriented environment, enhanced physical fitness, development of skills in a particular sport, stress reduction, and friendship.
Club sports are governed by the Club Sports Handbook, which outlines policies, rules, and regulations. Any new club must go through the Office of Student Involvement student organization recognition process as well as Recreational Sports for club sport recognition.
Clubs are funded through the KSC Student Government. The clubs currently receiving administrative support from Rec Sports are Brazilian Jujitsu, KSC dance team, environmental outing, men’s ice hockey, women’s ice hockey, men’s rugby, women’s rugby, men’s soccer, Ultimate Frisbee and the newly recognized golf club.
The ski/snowboarding and yoga clubs are transitioning to special interest club status under the Official of Student Involvement so students interested in these clubs can contact Brandon Carta, the Student Center Programs Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: These are club sports, not varsity teams.
Full-time and part-time matriculated students may join a club. However, students playing on competitive teams must be full-time students.
Continuing Education students may participate on a club sport team if they are members of the Recreation Center, but may be restricted from competing with certain club sports based on the guidelines of the governing body (i.e., rugby, ice hockey).
For more information on the active clubs, visit the individual club’s OwlNet page.
- Brazilian Jujitsu - https://keene.presence.io/organization/keene-state-brazilian-jiu-jitsu
- KSC Dance Team - https://keene.presence.io/organization/keene-state-college-dance-team
- Environmental Outing Club - https://keene.presence.io/organization/environmental-outing-club
- Golf Club - https://keene.presence.io/organization/ksc-golf-club.
- Men’s Ice Hockey - https://keene.presence.io/organization/mens-ice-hockey
- Women’s Ice Hockey - https://keene.presence.io/organization/womens-ice-hockey
- Men’s Rugby - https://keene.presence.io/organization/mens-rugby
- Women’s Rugby - https://keene.presence.io/organization/womens-rugby-club
- Men’s Club Soccer - https://keene.presence.io/organization/mens-club-soccer
- Ultimate Frisbee - https://keene.presence.io/organization/ultimate-frisbee
- Skiing/Snowboarding & Yoga club (https://keene.presence.io/organization/yoga-club) are transitioning to special interest club status under the Office of Student Involvement.