CLUB SPORTS PROGRAM
The purpose of the Club Sports Program is to provide students an opportunity to participate in an organized team or individual sport program and to enhance their skills in a particular sport.
The benefits of club sport participation may include the development of student leadership skills, a team-oriented environment, enhanced physical fitness, development of skills in a particular sport, stress reduction, and friendship.
Club sports are governed by the Club Sports Handbook, which outlines policies, rules, and regulations. Any new club must go through the Office of Student Involvement student organization recognition process as well as Campus Recreation for club sport recognition.
Clubs are funded through the KSC Student Government. The clubs currently receiving administrative support from Rec Sports are Brazilian Jujitsu, KSC dance team, golf, men’s ice hockey, women’s ice hockey, outing club (formerly the environmental outing club), men’s rugby, women’s rugby, men’s soccer, women’s soccer club and Ultimate Frisbee. Men’s basketball club is not fully approved and recognized by the Student Assembly yet but plan to be during the fall semester 2023.
Please note: These are club sports, not varsity teams.
Full-time and part-time matriculated students may join a club. However, students playing on competitive teams may have to be full-time students based on the requirements of the sports governing body (i.e., rugby and ice hockey).
Extended Education (formerly Continuing Education) students may participate on a club sport team if they are members of the Recreation Center, but may be restricted from competing with certain club sports based on the guidelines of the governing body (i.e., rugby and ice hockey).
For more information on the active clubs, visit the individual club’s OwlNet page.
- Brazilian Jujitsu - https://keene.presence.io/organization/keene-state-brazilian-jiu-jitsu
- Men’s Basketball - OwlNet page coming soon
- KSC Dance Team - https://keene.presence.io/organization/keene-state-college-dance-team
- Golf Club - https://keene.presence.io/organization/ksc-golf-club.
- Men’s Ice Hockey - https://keene.presence.io/organization/mens-ice-hockey
- Women’s Ice Hockey - https://keene.presence.io/organization/womens-ice-hockey
- Outing Club - https://keene.presence.io/organization/outing-club
- Men’s Rugby - https://keene.presence.io/organization/mens-rugby
- Women’s Rugby - https://keene.presence.io/organization/womens-rugby-club
- Men’s Club Soccer - https://keene.presence.io/organization/mens-club-soccer
- Women’s Club Soccer - https://keene.presence.io/organization/womens-club-soccer
- Ultimate Frisbee - https://keene.presence.io/organization/ultimate-frisbee
Any student interested in participating in a club sport will have to complete the online Club Sports Liability and Release Waiver and Student Medical Questionnaire forms.
Club Sports contact
Coordinator of Intramural Sports and Club Sports