Recreational Sports Update - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
The Recreation Center is closed until further notice in preparation to serve as an alternate care site for the Monadnock region, which is served by Cheshire Medical Center. Collaboration for the effort also includes the City of Keene, Monadnock Community Hospital, Greater Monadnock Health Network, and New Hampshire National Guard.
The rec gymnasium in Spaulding Recreation Center will provide capacity of up to 200 beds to be used in the case of a surge in cases of COVID-19. If needed, the space will be used by COVID-19 patients who can be cared for, and recover, outside of a hospital setting, and who need to remain in quarantine.
The Pool membership is free for faculty/staff, CE students, alumni, and their spouse or partner. Members may sign up children, age 17 and under for a Child Pass in order to bring them to the pool; there is no charge for Child Passes. Membership and Child Pass sign ups can be done at the front desk of the Recreation Center.
Please see the Facility Membership Handbook for complete details about memberships at the KSC Rec Center.
Academic Year Hours
Subject to change, the pool will be closed if two lifeguards are not available.
Monday-Friday: noon-1 p.m. - Lap Swimming
Monday-Thursday: 7:30-9 p.m. - Lap & Rec Swimming
Saturday & Sunday: noon-4 p.m. - Rec & Family Swimming
Use of Pool
- Swimmers must show their membership card or pass at the front desk and at the lifeguard station in the pool before entering the water.
- Swimmers may not use flotation devices in the pool (other than kickboards), except for those with disabilities.
- Swim lessons and group or individual training are prohibited during all lap/recreational swim hours. However, swimmers with disabilities may have a personal assistant in the water to ensure their safety.
- Appropriate bathing attire is required; cut -off shorts or thong bathing suits are not acceptable.
- All recreational swimming and Hydrorobics classes are cancelled when there is a varsity swim meet scheduled.
- Click on Facility Rules & Policies for other general facility policies.
To use a locker in the men’s and women’s locker rooms, members must register for the locker at the front desk and must supply their own lock. Only KSC students, Recreation Center or Pool membership holders may register for a locker. Locks found on non-registered lockers will be removed at the owner’s expense by the Recreational Sports staff. Pool lockers may not be registered for permanent use, except by KSC varsity swimmers or swimmers with disabilities.
Special Needs or Chair Lift Use
A pool chairlift is available for swimmers with disabilities who require assistance to enter the pool. They must provide any type of flotation device they need to swim. Lifeguards are not trained or permitted to provide swimming instructions but will assist swimmers with disabilities into and out of the chair lift as needed. We recommend that individuals with disabilities that require chairlift access to contact Recreational Sports’ front desk at 358-2826 in advance so the lifeguards will have ample time to install and prepare the lift.
In order to gain access to the pool please take the elevator to the second floor and go through the glass door. There is access to a bathroom, shower and locker room off the pool deck.