The Pool membership is free for faculty/staff and CE students only during the 2020-21 academic year. To mitigate the risk of introducing Covid-19 to the campus community and to ensure the health and safety of our facility members and students, we are only offering memberships to individuals in the College’s Covid-19 testing protocol. We are also suspending guest passes and child passes.
Only KSC students and valid membership holders will be eligible to use the pool during Recreational Sports swim time; must have current testing wristband.
Please see the Facility Membership Handbook for complete details about memberships at the KSC Rec Center.
Academic Year Hours
Subject to change, the pool will be closed if two lifeguards are not available.
Monday-Friday: noon-1 p.m. - Lap Swimming
Monday-Thursday: 7:30-9:00 p.m. - Lap Swimming
Saturday & Sunday: noon-2 p.m. - Lap Swimming
Use of Pool
In order to protect the health and well-being of the KSC community, please be aware of the following steps Recreational Sports has implemented and the steps that all users of the pool must follow:
• Face covering (mask) required at all times while in the facility except when actually swimming or doing other activity in the pool.
• Individual swim lanes for swimming laps must be reserved prior to arrival at the pool; time blocks of 30 minutes per swimmer per lane will be for the noontime, evening and weekend swim hours. Reservations are taken at the front desk 24 hours in advance.
• Maintain 10 feet distance while in the pool and 6 feet all other times.
• Water fitness classes (i.e. water aerobics) will be held according to the NH 2.0 Gyms/Health and Fitness Centers guidance on classes.
• Bring and use own equipment including but not limited to: towels, swim caps, goggles, nose plugs, and ear plugs.
• Do not share personal equipment with others.
• Please bring your own reusable water bottle.
• Equipment bags or backpacks should be placed more than 6 feet apart if brought to the pool deck.
• Practice appropriate and frequent hand washing.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when need to sneeze or cough; dispose of the tissue; wash your face/hands before touching any equipment or returning to your activity.
• There is no food allowed on the pool deck.
• Limit workout time; avoid lingering or excessive socializing.
• “No Guest” policy implemented this year. Child passes are not available either.
• Keep in mind that Recreational Sports has the right to refuse service to anyone that has COVID-19 symptoms or fails to follow facility guidelines.
- Swimmers must show their Owl Card and current testing wristband to the front desk staff to receive the blue pool pass to give to the lifeguards before entering the water.
- Swimmers may not use flotation devices in the pool, except for those with disabilities.
- Swim lessons and group or individual training are prohibited during all lap/recreational swim hours. However, swimmers with disabilities may have a personal assistant in the water to ensure their safety.
- Appropriate bathing attire is required; cut-off shorts or thong bathing suits are not acceptable.
- All recreational swimming and Hydrorobics classes are cancelled when there is a varsity swim meet scheduled.
To use a locker in the men’s and women’s locker rooms, members must register for the locker at the front desk and must supply their own lock. Only KSC students, Recreation Center or Pool membership holders may register for a locker. Locks found on non-registered lockers will be removed at the owner’s expense by the Recreational Sports staff. Pool lockers may not be registered for permanent use, except by KSC varsity swimmers or swimmers with disabilities.
Special Needs or Chair Lift Use
A pool chairlift is available for swimmers with disabilities who require assistance to enter the pool. They must provide any type of flotation device they need to swim. Lifeguards are not trained or permitted to provide swimming instructions but will assist swimmers with disabilities into and out of the chair lift as needed. We recommend that individuals with disabilities that require chairlift access to contact Recreational Sports’ front desk at 358-2826 in advance so the lifeguards will have ample time to install and prepare the lift.
In order to gain access to the pool please take the elevator to the second floor and go through the glass door. There is access to a bathroom, shower and locker room off the pool deck.