Please see the Facility Membership Handbook for complete details about memberships at the KSC Rec Center.
Pool Hours - Academic Year
Monday-Friday: noon-1 p.m. - lap swimming
Monday-Wednesday: 7:30-9 p.m. - lap swimming
Saturday & Sunday: noon-2 p.m. - recreation swimming
Use of Pool
In order to protect the health and well-being of the KSC community, please be aware of the following steps the Campus Recreation & Fitness department has implemented and the steps that all users of the pool should follow:
• Face covering (mask) are optional in the Recreation Center.
• Bring and use own equipment including but not limited to: towels, swim caps, goggles, nose plugs, and ear plugs.
• Do not share personal equipment with others.
• Please bring your own reusable water bottle.
• Equipment bags or backpacks should be placed more than 6 feet apart if brought to the pool deck.
• Practice appropriate and frequent hand washing.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when need to sneeze or cough; dispose of the tissue; wash your face/hands before touching any equipment or returning to your activity.
• There is no food allowed on the pool deck.
• Keep in mind that the Campus Recreation department has the right to refuse service to anyone that has COVID-19 symptoms or fails to follow facility guidelines.
- Swimmers must show their Owl Card to the front desk staff to receive the blue pool pass to give to the lifeguards before entering the water.
- Swimmers may not use flotation devices in the pool, except for those with disabilities.
- Swim lessons and group or individual training are prohibited during all lap/recreational swim hours. However, swimmers with disabilities may have a personal assistant in the water to ensure their safety.
- Appropriate bathing attire is required; cut-off shorts or thong bathing suits are not acceptable.
- All recreational swim hours are cancelled when there is a varsity swim meet scheduled.
To use a locker in the men’s and women’s locker rooms, members must register for the locker at the front desk and must supply their own lock. Only KSC students, Recreation Center or Pool membership holders may register for a locker. Locks found on non-registered lockers will be removed at the owner’s expense by the Recreational Sports staff. Pool lockers may not be registered for permanent use, except by KSC varsity swimmers or swimmers with disabilities.
In order to gain access to the pool please take the elevator to the second floor and go through the glass door. There is access to a bathroom, shower and locker room off the pool deck.