Recreational Sports Update - IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
The Recreation Center is closed until further notice in preparation to serve as an alternate care site for the Monadnock region, which is served by Cheshire Medical Center. Collaboration for the effort also includes the City of Keene, Monadnock Community Hospital, Greater Monadnock Health Network, and New Hampshire National Guard.
The rec gymnasium in Spaulding Recreation Center will provide capacity of up to 200 beds to be used in the case of a surge in cases of COVID-19. If needed, the space will be used by COVID-19 patients who can be cared for, and recover, outside of a hospital setting, and who need to remain in quarantine.
MEMBERSHIPS ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
KSC Recreation Center (full access) memberships are only available to current KSC matriculated students and to KSC faculty, staff (including retired faculty and staff), CE students and alumni who purchase this membership.
Please see the Facility Membership Handbook for complete details about memberships at the KSC Rec Center.
Recreation Center Membership - Academic Year
Full Recreation Center membership includes use of the
- BodyWorks fitness center
- Recreational courts
- Swimming pool
- Racquetball court
- All group fitness classes
- Elevated indoor jogging/walking track
Full-Time and Part-Time Matriculated Students
Membership fee is part of the mandatory student fees, which provides KSC students with access to the Recreation Center and all Recreational Sports programs.
Spouse/Partner of KSC student: not available at this time
Continuing Education Students
CE students may purchase a Recreation Center membership at the same rate as matriculated students. (Subject to change each academic year.)
CE Fees - Academic Year
- CE Student: memberships are not available at this time
- Spouse/Partner of CE student: memberships are not available at this time
Faculty & Staff
This includes emeriti faculty and retired faculty & staff and their spouses/partners; they are eligible for all Recreation Center membership options.
Faculty & Staff Fees
- Memberships are not available at this time.
- Spouse/partner: memberships are not available at this time.
USNH Fitness Reimbursement administered by Cigna insurance:
- USNH employees or their dependents will be responsible for paying their Fitness Facility directly for their annual membership dues. It will be the USNH employee’s responsibility to submit the required documentation for reimbursement which will include verification of payment.
- Individuals will submit their payment receipt to Cigna and will be reimbursed through payroll (the fitness reimbursement is considered a taxable benefit per IRS regulations).
- Please stop by the front desk of the Recreation Center for more information on this program.
KSC Alumni Memberships
Please refer to our Alumni Membership Policy for complete information.
- KSC Alumni & Spouse/Partner - memberships are not available at this time
Pool Membership (pool & racquetball court)
- KSC Faculty/Staff/Alumni/Spouse/Partner/CE Students – memberships are not available at this time
Walking Track/Group Fitness Only - Academic Year
- KSC Faculty/Staff/Spouse/Partner/Alumni – memberships are not available at this time
Available to KSC students and facility members who wish to sponsor non-member visits to the facility. Guests must be 18 years or older to work out in the facility. Guest passes may be purchased for $5 each, one guest per visit. The member/student must be present with the guest when purchasing the pass and a guest waiver must be signed by both the sponsor and guest. Five visit limit for the same guest per semester.
KSC students and facility members may receive Child Passes at no charge for children ages 17 and under to use the pool and/or recreation courts, based on their membership eligibility. Children must remain under parental supervision at all times in the facility. Weekend use of the facilities is preferred.