Recreation Center Guidelines
For the 2020-21 year, only individuals (KSC employees and students) who are in the College’s Covid-19 testing protocol are allowed in campus facilities and this includes the Recreation Center. Individuals must show the current testing band to enter the facility. At this time, spouses of KSC employees/students and KSC alumni/spouses are not eligible to sign up for or renew memberships to the facility for this year.
Membership Sign Ups
The membership application and payment process (for credit card payments only) is now available online at Recreation Center Membership. The different membership options are listed as well as the fees for semester payment.
Members will still need to complete the Par-Q Health form and liability waiver which can be done at the front desk of the Recreation Center. Members who wish to sign up for the free pool membership must do so at the front desk as well as any payments with cash, check or KSC payroll deduction.
KSC Recreation Center (full access) memberships are only available to current KSC matriculated students and to KSC faculty, staff (including retired faculty and staff), CE students and alumni who purchase this membership.
Please see the Facility Membership Handbook for complete details about memberships at the KSC Rec Center.
Recreation Center Membership - Academic Year
Full Recreation Center membership includes use of the
- BodyWorks fitness center
- Recreational courts
- Swimming pool
- Racquetball court
- All group fitness classes
- Elevated indoor jogging/walking track
Full-Time and Part-Time Matriculated Students
Membership fee is part of the mandatory student fees, which provides KSC students with access to the Recreation Center and all Recreational Sports programs. Remote students are not eligible to access the Recreation Center or participate in any Recreational Sports programs as they are not paying the mandatory student fees each semester.
Spouse/Partner of KSC student: not available at this time
Continuing Education Students
CE students may purchase a Recreation Center membership at the same rate as matriculated students. (Subject to change each academic year.)
CE Fees - Academic Year
- CE Student: Spring semester fee: $200 (March 1-May 28, 2021)
Faculty & Staff
Due to Covid-19 precautions, emeriti faculty and retired faculty & staff and their spouses/partners are not eligible to purchase memberships to the Recreation Center for 2020-2021.
Faculty & Staff Fees
- Semester Fee: $160 (available for purchase if employee participates in College’s Covid testing protocol) - ends May 28, 2021
- Full Year Fee: $416 (available for purchase if employee participates in College’s Covid testing protocol) - prorated March-December 2021
- Spouse/partner: *not available this year due to Covid-19 precautions
USNH Fitness Reimbursement administered by Cigna insurance:
- USNH employees or their dependents will be responsible for paying their Fitness Facility directly for their annual membership dues. It will be the USNH employee’s responsibility to submit the required documentation for reimbursement which will include verification of payment.
- The fitness reimbursement is $300 for a KSC benefits eligible employee for 2021.
- Membership is available January 11, 2021 (if employee is in the College’s Covid testing protocol) - $500 - runs January-December 31, 2021
- Individuals will submit their payment receipt to Cigna and will be reimbursed through payroll (the fitness reimbursement is considered a taxable benefit per IRS regulations).
- Please stop by the front desk of the Recreation Center for more information on this program.
KSC Alumni Memberships
Please refer to our Alumni Membership Policy for complete information.
- KSC Alumni & Spouse/Partner - memberships are not available this year due to Covid-19 precautions
- KSC Faculty/Staff/CE students – only available to KSC faculty/staff and CE students this year - no charge; sign up at the front desk of the Recreation Center
Walking Track/Group Fitness Only - Academic Year
- KSC Faculty/Staff – $100 per semester - (March 1-May 28, 2021) - not available to spouses/partners of KSC employees
Guest Pass, Day Pass, Child Pass
To mitigate the risk of introducing Covid-19 to the campus community and to ensure the health and safety of our facility members and students, we are suspending guest passes, day passes and child passes for the 2020-21 academic year. Only KSC students and KSC employees with a membership will be eligible to use the Recreation Center.