Skip Navigation

Declare a Major

All students are urged to declare a major before they have earned 60 credits. Waiting longer may mean it takes more than four years to complete a degree.

If you already have a Declaration of Major formed signed and just didn’t hand it in, you may take a picture of it and send it to for processing.

If you didn’t get the form signed, not to worry. We have built a new form you can type to: Declaration of Major Please follow these instructions (and share with your advisor to make sure this is done correctly):

  1. Fill out the form – save as a pdf file. You will sometimes need to do this by choosing to print, and then save as a pdf.
  2. If an advisor’s signature is required, forward the pdf to advisor(s) for approval. Despite appearance of the form, signatures can not be applied directly to the form. Please ask the advisor to cc making sure the form is attached.

When declaring a major, a student must choose a faculty member to serve as the faculty advisor. This faculty member provides guidance to the student on academic, graduate school, and career issues. If a student does not request a faculty advisor, the chair of the academic discipline can sign the form and recommend eligible faculty members to the student.

Some majors require the completion of certain courses or a formal application for admission. All course requirements for majors are available in the academic catalog.

Contact Academic and Career Advising

Academic and Career Advising Office
Elliot Center
229 Main Street
Keene, New Hampshire 03435

Icon of clock Hours of Operation

Monday—Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

ACA is located in Elliot Center, on the first floor.

Staff Listing