Skip Navigation

Financial Aid for Returning Students

Our Returning Students will begin to see award letters by mid-June.

An electronic copy will be posted to the student’s MyKSC Web account. Revised Award Letters will only be posted to the Web.*

We do not require Award Letters to be signed and returned to our office unless the student is declining all or a portion of aid offered. Acceptance of all awards will be assumed. If the student wishes to decline all or a portion of the aid offered, a copy of the Financial Aid Change Form can be signed and returned to our office with the requested adjustments indicated.

Additionally, in an attempt to expedite the verification process, all requests for required verification documents will only be forwarded via email to the student’s email address. No paper requests will be mailed. Students who have been selected for the verification process will receive an email requesting only the items required, and they will also be able to view the requested documents in the MyDocuments section of their MyKSC account.

Completing the FAFSA – Even though you may have done it before, you must complete a FAFSA before our March 1 deadline every year you wish to receive financial aid (including all federal loans) at KSC. Remember that financial aid awards are based on the information submitted in each year’s FAFSA.

Award Conditions  – As always, there are certain conditions you must meet to continue to qualify for financial aid, including the Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.

Additional Loan Options  – If financial aid is not enough to cover your costs, and you are looking to borrow a loan to help pay your bill, here are some options. Remember that you’ve got to apply for these loans each year that you need them:

Scholarship Opportunities – Visit these sections of our Web site to learn about endowed and annual gift scholarships available only to our returning students and resources for private scholarship opportunities. If you are the recipient of a private scholarship, please make sure to send a copy of the scholarship letter(s) to the Student Financial Services Office

Student Employment

For Students Leaving KSC – Here are some resources for students who are graduating, transferring, withdrawing, or taking a leave of absence from KSC.

Contact Student Financial Services

Student Financial Services
Keene State College
229 Main Street
Keene, NH 03435-2606

800-572-1909 • 603-358-2280
Fax: 603-358-2794

Book an Appointment with a Financial Aid Counselor