Undergraduate Educator Preparation programs at KSC focus on an understanding of the teaching profession, the diversity of learners, and effective teaching practices, with supervised pre-professional experiences. These programs lead to a recommendation for endorsement for NH certification to the New Hampshire Department of Education.
There are 6 undergraduate educator preparation programs at Keene State College which lead to recommendation for endorsement for NH certification to the New Hampshire Department of Education:
- Early Childhood Development
- Elementary Education
- Secondary Education
- Physical Education Teacher Certification
- Music Education
- Dance Education (Dual degree with Elementary or Early Childhood)
Early Childhood Development
This program includes a multidisciplinary understanding of children from infancy through third grade and fulfills the requirements for Birth through Grade 3 teacher certification. Additionally, there is a Birth-Age 5 credentialing track. Complete details.
This program includes a multidisciplinary understanding of children from kindergarten through grade 6 and fulfills the requirements for Elementary Education (K-6) teacher certification, with a (K-8) teacher certification option. Complete details.
These programs prepare students to teach a specific subject or discipline, and fulfill the requirements for middle or high school certification:
- English Language Arts
- Modern Languages: French, Spanish
- Mathematics-Middle School/Junior High Teaching Option and Secondary Teaching Option
- Sciences: General Science Middle School Option,Earth/Space Science,Biology,Chemistry,Chemistry-Physics
- Social Studies: History,American Studies, Anthropology/Sociology, Economics,Geography,Holocaust and Genocide Studies,Political Science, Sociology
These programs prepare students to teach a specific subject or discipline from kindergarten through grade 12, and fulfill the requirements for K-12 certification: