Summer 2013: With Distinction
Ask Jay Kahn, interim president 2012-13, about excellence at Keene State College, and he talks about areas of distinction. “It’s important to have a core around which you can define excellence,” he says. “Excellence needs to be purposeful and integrated, and through that you get a sense of cohesion, cohesiveness, and synergy.”
- Dr. Ann Huot named Keene State’s 10th president.
- Heidi Welch ’96 one of four finalists for national Teacher of the Year.
- Kristine Finnegan ’91 named 2012 NH Library Director of the Year.
- Student architects shine in design competition.
- Theatre and dance students take honors at Kennedy Center American College Theater Festival.
- Fulbright scholar Shirley McLoughlin blogs for the Huffington Post.
- Distinguished Teachers of the Year Award add up to a big presence on campus.
- Learn more about giving, and donate online to Keene State.
- Loren Launen named one of four Outstanding Women of New Hampshire.
- Jerry Jasinski wins a Fulbright to lecture and conduct research in India.
- Presidents’ Awards for Carmen Prandini Trafton ’95, Professor Michael Welsh, and Tau Kappa Epsilon.