The Collaborative for Learning, Teaching, & Scholarship integrates learning, teaching, scholarship, information, and technology to support faculty and empower students to co-create effective, meaningful, lifelong learning experiences.
Who are we?
The Collaborative brings together four units that, as part of their missions, work with faculty to support and enhance student learning and scholarship:
- Instructional development–support for instructional design, pedagogy, and other programs focused on courses, curriculum, and student learning–provided by the Instructional Consultant in Faculty Enrichment;
- Support in applying technologies to enhance teaching, learning, and pedagogical innovation provided by Digital Learning;
- Support for faculty and student research, scholarship, and information literacy provided by Mason Library faculty;
- Support for student research and creative inquiry provided by the Center for Creative Inquiry.
What we do
The Collaborative is an effort to more effectively coordinate and collaborate on programming and services, and enables us to provide more efficient, integrated support for faculty.
Together we will support initiatives that emphasize:
- Teaching and learning innovation
- Promotion of digital citizenship
- Teacher-scholar model and faculty-student integrated research
- Student agency and learner-driven structures