Kids on Campus Policies
Kids on Campus prides itself on small, hands-on classes. Many of our classes fill up quickly and have waitlists. Therefore, we ask that you let us know as soon as possible if your child will not be taking a class. Refunds for camps requested between the point of registration and six business days prior to the start of your Kids on Campus class will be refunded at 100%. Within the five business days prior to the start of class, 50% of the cost will be refunded. There will be no refunds after the start of the class.
By registering your child for camp, you agree to the following behavior expectations: Kids on Campus is held on the Keene State College campus, and students need to remember that college is in session and administrative offices are open for business. Our campers are expected to respect the rules and exhibit appropriate behavior in order to provide a supportive learning environment for all. Our experienced staff provide clear expectations on conduct in order to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all campers. Campers may be removed from class or sent home if their behavior is continuously dangerous or a detriment to themselves, others, or the learning environment. No refunds will be given if a child is sent home for failing to meet the behavioral guidelines.
Student One-to-One Aide Policy
Keene State and Kids on Campus welcomes children with all abilities and circumstances to take our classes. Our classes have a very low ratio of children to adults so that children will receive plenty of attention. However, we are not staffed to provide one-on-one care to campers who may need extra assistance. If your child requires a one-on-one aide, we ask you to contact Heather Jasmin (email@example.com) about making arrangements to bring an aide with them to camp. All aides will be required to complete a Keene State College background check application.
Keene State College Kids on Campus programming ends at 4:00 pm for regular campers, and 5:00 pm for extended day registrants. You must pre-register for extended day and it is an additional fee. Parents/Guardians are expected to have arrived at the KSC KOC dismissal location prior to the end of your respective registration, either 4:00 pm or 5:00 pm. If you are scheduled to pick up your child by 4:00 pm, Kids on Campus staff will observe the following procedure:
- Staff will allow for a fifteen-minute grace period to arrive at our location.
- At 4:10 pm, we will contact Parent Contact 1 via phone call. If there’s no answer, Parent Contact 2 will be utilized. If no contact can be made through any parent contacts, emergency contacts will be used in their given order. All contacts will continue to be tried until contact is made.
- At 4:15 pm, a late fee will begin to be assessed. This late fee will be assessed at $15 for every 5 minutes that you are late. If you are scheduled to pick up your child by 5:00 pm, Kids on Campus staff will observe the following procedure:
- At 5:00 pm, we will contact Parent Contact 1 via phone call. If there’s no answer, Parent Contact 2 will be utilized. If no contact can be made through any parent contacts, emergency contacts will be used in their given order. All contacts will continue to be tried until contact is made.
- At 5:00 pm, a late fee will begin to be assessed. This late fee will be assessed at $15 for every 5 minutes that you are late. If you know that you are going to be more than 10 minutes late, please contact us immediately (Heather @ (603)209-1350 or Emily @ (603)209-8378) so that we do not initialize contact with your emergency contacts. A late fee will still be assessed if you are longer than the 15-minute grace period. If no contact can be established with you or your emergency contacts within 30 minutes of your child’s end-of-day time (4:00 or 5:00 PM), efforts will be made to reach out to additional resources to best ensure your child’s safety. This is including, but not limited to, contacting your town’s/city’s emergency services to assist with contacting you.