Sexual Health Resources and Services
Sexual Health Resources: Condoms/Barriers
The Wellness Center provides free condoms and barriers for Keene State students. Currently condoms/barriers are available at The Wellness Center, the Office of Multicultural Support and Success (OMSSS), and the Hungry Owl’s main location.
All items are bagged discreetly in white or brown paper bags and labeled as follows:
- External Condoms (with a green triangle) – formerly called “condoms” or “male condoms”; for use on a penis or sex toy.
- Internal Condoms (with an orange circle) – formerly called “female condoms”; for use in a vagina.
- Dental Dams (with a purple square) – for use during vaginal or anal oral sex.
External condom bags (both latex and non-latex varieties) contain 3 condoms, 2 packets of lubricant, and instructions for use. Internal condom bags and dental dam bags each contain 1 barrier method, 1 packet of lubricant, and instructions for use.
The Condom Station Information sign at each location contains all the above information. The symbols and colors on the bag provide another way for folks to quickly identify which bag(s) they’d like to take. At The Wellness Center’s condom/barrier station you will also find information about sexually transmitted infection testing, local Planned Parenthood resources, healthy relationships, and responding to sexual or relationship violence.
Sexual Health Services
The Wellness Center
Keene State students can access the following services at The Wellness Center, along with condoms and other barrier methods. Contact The Wellness Center to discuss costs associated with the various services:
- Gynecologic/reproductive evaluations and exams
- Lab Tests
- Pregnancy Tests
- Birth Control/ Contraceptive Methods
- STD/STI Testing
- PrEP (Pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV)
Keene Planned Parenthood
Keene’s local Planned Parenthood provides the following services in an off-but-close-to-campus location as well as condoms and other barrier methods:
- Birth Control
- HIV Services
- LGBTQ Services
- Men’s Health Care
- Morning-After Pill (Emergency Contraception)
- Pregnancy Testing & Services
- STD Testing, Treatment & Vaccines
- Women’s Health Care