Our medical staff can help you stay healthy.
- Acute care visits for illness and minor injury
- Wellness visits and physicals
- Gynecologic/reproductive evaluations and exams
- Follow-up care after treatment here or elsewhere
- Lab Tests
- Prescription refills
- Over-the-Counter medicine
Your student health fee covers most of the potential expenses you might incur, but not all. Lab tests, prescriptions filled on site and certain supplies are the responsibility of the student. Every student has the right to decline any service offered for whatever reason.
Keene State College is not a hard waiver school which means we do not have a college health plan to offer to students at this time. It is best practice to know what your personal health insurance policy covers, especially for care received in the community outside of the Center for Health and Wellness. Many personal health insurance policies have restrictions on services out of state or those not ordered by your primary care provider(PCP). Your insurance carrier would be the best resource to clarify this information for you. Students looking to purchase health insurance on their own can visit Edusure. This resource can help you find a health policy that is right for you. Health Insurance is important to have for those unplanned emergencies or visit to a specialist.
- The cost of visits to the Center for Health and Wellness are covered under each student’s health fee. Please don’t hesitate to visit us.
- If laboratory tests are ordered or prescription medications are dispensed, those costs are the responsibility of the student.
- The Center does not bill personal health insurance. These costs can be paid at the time of service through credit/debit cards or echeck.
- Unpaid charges will be attached to the student’s account in the Bursar’s Office.
- Students always have the right to refuse treatment that would incur these costs.
We handle most common lab tests right in our office, fees are listed below. We also offer courtesy blood draws for student’s primary care providers. If the test is beyond the scope of our clinic, we will send the specimen to Cheshire Medical Center for processing. Lab hours: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Below is a partial list of conditions for which we test. Average cost – $0-30.
- CBC (Blood test)
- Pap Smear
- Pregnancy Test (free)
- Strep Throat
- Urinary Infections and urinalysis
Services and medical equipment
Average cost – $0-$30
- Air cast
- Arm sling
- Copy of medical records
- Crutches (free if returned)
- Ear Irrigation
- Eye tray
- Flu vaccine
- Ice pack
- Incision and drainage
- Nebulizer Treatment
- Physical Exam
- Suture removal
- Tetanus/Diphtheria booster shot
- Tdap booster
- Wart removal