Skip Navigation

After Hours Building Access


Keene State Campus Safety manages access to buildings, through building schedules, and after-hours card access. Most administrative and academic buildings are open during the weekdays from approximately 7:30 am to 9:00 pm, however, some have different hours. Students, staff, and faculty who need after-hours access, would use their KSC Owl Card to gain entry to the building, similar to the residence halls. To get this card access, students must reach out to their professor or building administrative assistant, who will then complete the below forms. The same would be done for staff or faculty, however, they would connect with their building administrative assistant, or supervisor to submit the access request form on their behalf. Campus Safety will not process requests directly from students, or in the case of staff/faculty access, directly from them without their supervisor being involved. Access request forms are not processed outside normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm). The Department of Campus Safety typically does not approve access on the same day, as it can take 24-72 hours to process the form.

Student Access:

At the end of each semester (fall, winter, spring, and summer), student access will expire. The Department of Campus Safety does not provide year-round or indefinite access to buildings to students unless permission has been obtained from the Director of Campus Safety. Students who need access to a building after hours must contact their professor or building administrative assistant, to complete the access request form. If a student’s name is not on file with the Department of Campus Safety as having an approved access request form, the student will be denied access to the building, regardless of pending assignments or other work. Students may not use their access card to provide access to other individuals, - students, and non-students - who do not have approval to access the building. Students who are found doing this may be referred to the Office of Community Standards for violating the key and building access policy.

Staff, Faculty and Affiliate Access:

Access provided to staff, faculty, or affiliate employees will not expire until they depart from the college. Staff, faculty, or affiliate employees must contact their administrative assistant or supervisor to have the access request form completed and submitted. Administrative assistants and supervisors must complete the access removal form when the employee is separated from the college. Staff, faculty, or affiliate employees who do not have a completed access request form on file will be denied access, regardless of work assignments.

Access Forms:

Adding access, open this form and save it on your desktop.

Removing access, open this form and save it on your desktop.

Building Schedule Modification for Events:

It is the responsibility of the event host or manager to contact the Department of Campus Safety at least two weeks before the event date, to have the building schedule modified. This is completed by filling out the form, found here.

Additionally, individuals who need parking for the event must complete this form.

Individuals who call the Department of Campus Safety on the day of their event may be denied if they have not completed the schedule modification form. This is because modification of building schedules is complex and takes time, and this is typically done during normal business hours.

Individuals who have questions regarding this procedure, may email Campus Safety.

Contact Campus Safety

603-358-2228 24/7, 365 days a year, not monitored 24/7

Parking Services

Christopher Buckley
Director of Campus Safety & Compliance

Keddy House
Open 24 hours/day year round
Administrative Office
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.