Retro Hours from a Prior Pay Period in WTE
Prior Pay Period Hours (also referred to as Retro Hours) are hours that employees worked but did not either record or submit for approval within the current pay period in which the hours were worked. Retro Hours need to be re-recorded and re-submitted for approval in the current pay period – you cannot go back to the prior pay period once it has closed. The recording of Prior Pay Period Hours requires the following steps:
On your Web Time Entry Electronic Time Sheet:
- Time sheets are set up in two-week intervals, each beginning with the Work Begin and Work End date for each pay period.
- Select Earn Code 156 Retro Hrs-New Hire/Late Entry
- Begin entering Retro Hours on the first day that you do not have current pay period hours recorded.
- Retro Hours are recorded as a total – enter a start and end time that totals the number of Retro Hours being recorded.
- Each day allows a maximum of 24 hours (12 a.m. to 12 a.m.) to be recorded.
- If you have more than 24 Retro Hours to record, move to the next day that you do not have current pay period hours recorded until the total number of retro hours is recorded.
- Select the "Comments" function key at the bottom of your electronic time sheet. In the Comments field, explain the Work Begin and Work End dates within which the Retro Hours were worked. Sample Retro Hours Comment: "Retro. Hours worked 9/15 – 9/28"