To participate in the Federal Direct PLUS Program, the parent must:
- Qualify per the credit approval within the PLUS application
- Have an FSA ID.
- Have a dependent child enrolled at least half time at KSC in a degree-seeking program.
- Have a dependent child at KSC who has filed a valid FAFSA for the current academic year.
- Have a dependent child who is currently in compliance with our federally mandated Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards
- Complete an electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN) online at StudentLoans.gov. (eMPNs are valid at any school participating in the Direct Loan Program for 10 years, as long as you receive a loan disbursement within one year of completing the eMPN. Note: This does not apply to endorsed loans. Endorsed loans need new eMPNs annually.)
- Be in good standing on all other previously borrowed federal loans