Dress for an Interview
You only get one chance to make a first impression – look your best!
Different employers have different cultures, norms, and settings. Look at photos of employees on the company’s website to see what they are wearing. Dress one step more formally than they are. You can also ask the recruiter what the interview dress code is.
- Clothes should be clean, in good condition, and free of wrinkles, holes, lint, pilling and excessive fading.
- Clothes should fit properly and not be too tight or too baggy.
- Make sure that any piercings or visible tattoos you have align with company guidelines.
- Avoid revealing clothing.
- Add some color and personality to your outfit with accessories, shoes, and layered items such as cardigans and jackets.
- Use your best judgment and don’t overthink it.