Sample Interview Questions
Refer to our Interviewing Guide for guidance on how to answer interview questions.
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me about a strength and a weakness.
- What do you know about our company?
- Why should I hire you?
- Why did you choose your major?
- How has your college experience prepared you for your career? What skills and knowledge have you gained?
- What coursework prepared you for this position?
- How would previous professors or managers describe you?
- Why do you want to work in this industry?
- What do you think it takes to be successful in this position?
- How has your internship experience prepared you for this position?
- What motivates you?
- Describe a time when you worked well under pressure.
- Give me an example of a situation where you faced conflict.
- Tell me about an accomplishment you are most proud of.
- Tell me about a time when you worked with a (student/patient/co-worker) with a different background/culture than yours. What did you do to ensure that you were inclusive of their identity during your interaction?
- Tell me about a problem you encountered and how you resolved it.
- Describe a mistake you made and what you learned from that experience.
- Working with people from different backgrounds or cultures can present unique opportunities for collaboration and creativity. Describe a time where a project or decision you made was enhanced by including diverse perspectives.
- Give an example of how you’ve worked on a team.
- Describe a difficult situation you had with a co-worker. How did you handle it?
Sample Questions to Ask Employers
- Can you elaborate on the day-to-day responsibilities of this job?
- What does the ideal candidate for this role look like?
- What do you think is the most challenging aspect of the job?
- What’s it like to work here?
- Can you describe some of your company’s core values?
- How would you describe the company’s culture?
- How do you see this company evolving over the next five years?
- Are there any programs or initiatives in place at your company geared toward promoting diversity?
- What qualities and attributes make for a successful employee in the company?
- How do you celebrate diversity of ideas and people?
- What are your expectations for this role during the first 30 to 60 days?
- How do you evaluate success?
- What is your timeline and what are the next steps?