Curriculum and Teaching (M.Ed.)
30 Credit Master’s in Education
The Curriculum and Teaching Specialization offers flexibility and individualization for newer as well as experienced educators to build their leadership skills through the deepening of their teaching craft. There is an emphasis on curriculum design, instructional leadership, legal and ethical issues, reflection, diversity and equity, and research. Our mission is to support the development of teachers as leaders in their own classrooms as well as in the wider school environment. The program will provide deep connections with faculty mentors and will include a mix of courses, research, and curriculum leadership projects.
Benefits of a Keene State M. Ed. in Curriculum & Teaching
- Convenient schedules for classroom teachers. Online/blended, evening, and weekend classes.
- Choose and design projects to meet your specific professional goals. The program focuses on action research connected to individual scholarly and professional choices. Students are required to use the findings from their research to support a leadership initiative in a chosen area – for instance, grant writing, leading workshops, writing articles and presenting at professional conferences.
- An M.Ed. in two years. Working teachers can start in the summer term and complete a masters part-time in two years, including two summer.
- The part-time program is perfect for working, certified teachers.
- An exceptional tuition value. Tuition and fees competitive with and lower than surrounding schools with a minimal premium for non-residents. A highly regarded faculty holding classes in one of New Hampshire’s most comfortable, friendly, and exciting small cities.
- Individual Attention from admissions interview to graduation and beyond. We want to hear your unique story. Every applicant receives an interview, setting the tone for an educational relationship with faculty mentors who take explicit interest in their students’ goals and their self-expression. These mentorships continue as graduates enter the field.