Confidential Material Destruction
The ROCKS program provides departments with centrally located locked confidential recycling bins. These bins are serviced directly by our certified vendor, DocuShred, on a rotating schedule based on usage. Offices and departments wishing to utilize this service may be charged a fee to cover the cost of maintaining the containers.
- Work Orders for Confidential Bins
- Types of Confidential Bins
- What Should be Shredded on Campus?
- What Does Not Get Shredded on Campus?
Work Orders for Confidential Bins
Submit a work order if you:
- Need an additional confidential bin temporarily (for a clean-out)
- Have a bin that needs to be removed from your area
- Want to request a permanent bin for your department/area
- Filled your permanent bin well before your scheduled pick-up
- Are doing a clean-out and have a large amount of confidential materials in boxes (we will schedule a pick-up at your location)
Types of Confidential Bins
What Should be Shredded on Campus?
- Records with student ID numbers, social security numbers, etc.
- Personnel records
- Confidential letters and memos
- Medical information
- Test/exam material(s)
- Campus financial information (P-Card statements, payroll information, tax information, etc.)
What Does Not Get Shredded on Campus?
- Documents, mail or any other paper from your home and not associated with Keene State College
- File folders and hanging file folders (bring these to the Reuse Room instead!)
- Blank letterhead
- Junk mail
- Catalogues, magazines, flyers or newspapers
- Scrap paper, notes, post-its or any other campus paper product not containing secure information about students, staff or faculty