All About You: Five Reasons to Study Anthropology
Where did we come from? What does it mean to be human? Great questions! Study anthropology and you’ll get to explore them. Why else should you study anthropology? Because
- It’s all about you, and the rest of humanity, in all of its complexity – now and throughout time.
- The options are interesting: You can focus on societies, cultures, and behaviors, or dig up some human history at an archaeological site.
- It attracts intriguing people. Check out these anthropology majors:
- Kurt Vonnegut
- Prince Charles
- Tracy Chapman
- Dax Shepard
- Ann Dunham (President Obama’s mom)
- You’ll have terrific opportunities. Research stone tools from Maya civilization in Belize. Pick up a second language – and use it! Study away. Take classes on witchcraft, forensics, gender, and prehistory.
- There’s a world of career possibilities. Go into teaching, market research, foreign service, public relations, international nonprofits, immigration law, public health, human resources – and work anywhere around the globe.