As a Keene State College student, you can choose to study outside of the United States with our university and program partners located around the world. All courses taken on study away programs will count for KSC credit (if passed successfully), and often can be used for major, minor and/or ISP credits. Many of the study abroad programs are the same tuition and fees as you would pay at KSC, and your KSC financial aid and scholarships can be used for semester study away.
Keene State College has a two step application process for study away.
STEP 1: apply through the KSC study away portal to the program you are most interested in within the deadlines posted for the semester application. These deadlines are:
For Fall study away, KSC study away applications are open from January 15 to March 1 of that year. For Spring study away, KSC study away applications are open from August 15 to October 1 of the previous year.
PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS REQUIRED THAT YOU COMPLETE AND SUBMIT YOUR KSC STUDY AWAY APPLICATION WITHIN THESE DEADLINES TO QUALIFY FOR STUDY AWAY. EVEN IF THE STUDY AWAY PROGRAM HAS A LATER APPLICATION DEADLINE, YOU MUST MEET THE KSC STUDY AWAY DEADLINES FOR INSTITUTIONAL REASONS.
Note: Please select the study away program you are most interested when applying in the KSC study away portal. Once submitted, you will have an individualized appointment with a GEO advisor to review your choice, answer questions and make sure that this is the best program for you academically, financially and in terms of personal interest. At that point, you can switch to a different study away program if you want.
STEP 2: apply to the study away program with the help of KSC study away team. GEO staff will support you to make this happen.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaìso - 2.5 GPA min - Spanish and English tracks - homestay - affordable program*
- Universidad Veritas - 2.6 GPA min - Many English language courses - homestay - somewhat affordable program*
- Film Studies FAMU - 2.5 GPA min Film Production, 3.0 GPA min Screenwriting - selective program - early application deadline of Sept. 15 - expensive
- Tropical Biology, Marine Ecosystems & Biodiversity - 2.5 GPA - field based program - expensive program
- Spanish Studies Abroad / Seville - 2.75 GPA min - somewhat affordable program
- Spanish Studies Abroad / Universidad de Alicante - 2.75 GPA min - somewhat affordable program
* Programs with English language courses