Seasonal Flu Update
The seasonal flu is wide spread across the country and we have confirmed that it did indeed return with our students to KSC.
Symptoms of the Flu include:
- Sudden onset of symptoms (feeling fine and then suddenly very sick)
- High Fever
- Body aches
Although the flu vaccine has not been particularly effective this year, it is still recommended. If you are interested in receiving the vaccine, we still have available doses at the Center for Health and Wellness for $15.00.
In addition to receiving the flu vaccine, the following strategies continue to be effective in minimizing the spread of illness:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If no tissue is immediately available, use your elbow.
- Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it and wash your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.