Skip Navigation
Jennifer Afualo

Veterans Student Support Services

Yellow Ribbon Program

Keene State College now participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program. A veteran must be 100% eligible for Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits, and be an out of state resident to qualify for Yellow Ribbon benefits at Keene State College.

If you already qualify for in-state tuition, as a NH resident, your tuition and fee is fully covered under VA educational benefits.

If you are not a NH resident, and are 100% eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill, your VA benefits will cover up to the cost of in-state tuition, and the Yellow Ribbon benefit along with a matching VA grant will cover the remaining amount of tuition and fee.

Veterans Support Services (VSS)

VSS helps veterans navigate the academic and social support paperwork and programs that help you get the most from your educational experience. VSS works with a number of campus departments and offices to coordinate recruitment, orientation, retention, and graduation. VSS works especially closely with academic and student support services to ensure that your specific needs are addressed.

Mission of Veterans Support Services

The mission of Keene State College’s Veterans Support Services is to implement and coordinate academic and social support programs that enable KSC veteran students to gain the greatest benefit from their educational experience.

In all pursuits, Veterans Student Support Services (VSS) strives to:

  1. Enhance students’ opportunities for active involvement in the College and the Keene community
  2. Support individual and student group initiatives that address military to civilian transition issues
  3. Assure that student veterans have equal access to all academic, social and recreational programs, groups and activities
  4. Promote and incorporate into every aspect of campus life an appreciation for veteran’s issues.

Questions or Concerns?

The Veterans Support Advisory Committee is a standing committee dedicated to making Keene State College a welcoming, comfortable, and engaging campus for veterans. Issues that detract from that goal should be brought to the attention of the committee.

Keene State College prohibits high-pressure recruitment tactics, and the use of commissions, bonuses, or other incentive payment programs given to employees or contractors for the purpose of securing enrollment of Service members. Prospective students are encouraged to contact their Educational Servicers Officer, or a counselor within their Military service for approval prior to enrollment.

How to Get Started

Veterans: If you are a military veteran, please call the Admissions Office or stop by for an initial conversation. An Admissions counselor will help you apply and complete the paperwork for your educational benefits.

Call today or stop by the Admissions Office in the Elliot Center.

Admissions Office:
603-358-2276 or 800-KSC-1909


Local Resources

National Resources

Campus Support

Campus Offices

Contact the Veterans Support Advisory Committee

Kent Drake-Deese
Director of Residential Life
☎ 603-358-2339