If you, or another student you know, are experiencing an emergency situation, a variety of options are available.
Immediately Life Threatening Emergencies: Call 911
Or go to the Emergency Room at Cheshire Medical Center; 580 Court St, Keene, NH (603) 354-5400.
If you are in a personal crisis or have an urgent need to be seen, call (603) 358-2437 or visit our offices on the 3rd floor of Elliot Center between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday. Tell the receptionist that you need to be seen right away and our staff will work with you to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
If it is after business hours, on the weekends, or during semester breaks/school holidays, contact our on-call counselor at (603) 358-2436.
Examples of reasons to request an urgent appointment include:
- If you are worried about your safety or the safety of others
- If you have been physically or sexually assaulted within the last few days
- If someone close to you has received a serious diagnosis or died within the last few days
- If you are having strange experiences such as hearing voices or seeing things that others do not
- If you have knowledge of another person being abused or assaulted
- If you have witnessed a traumatic event within the last few days
- If you need to make a major life decision in the next 24 hours
KSC Campus Safety: (603) 358—2228
KSC Center for Health and Wellness: (603) 358-2450 (M-F 8 am-4:30 pm)
Off-Campus Crisis Resources & Options:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or 1-800-SUICIDE (Both of these numbers will connect you to NH suicide hotlines.)
Samaritans Hotline: (603) 357-5505. This Keene community organization provides trained people to listen and help 24 hours a day.
www.ulifeline.org: This website provides information on a variety of issues specific to college students.
Monadnock Center for Violence Prevention (MCVP), (603) 352-3782: Located in Keene, this organization provides confidential assistance with domestic and sexual violence.
Monadnock Family Services (MFS), (603) 357-4400: MFS is our Keene community mental health center. In addition to a variety services and programs, MFS also provides emergency services.
The Counseling Center’s strict confidentiality policy guarantees that any information regarding a student will not be disclosed without her/his permission except as required by State and Federal laws.Learn more
Our office hours are Monday - Friday between 8 am and 4:30 pm. The best ways to contact us here at are:
- Call the office – 603-358-2437
- Visit our office. We are located on the 3rd Floor of Elliot Center
You may also contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have an inquiry. Please note, we do not maintain 24-hour access to email nor can we assure confidentiality.