Facts About the Keene Endowment Association
The Keene Endowment Association, or KEA, was founded in 1957 as a charitable 501(c)(3) organization and incorporated within the State of New Hampshire. KEA, while independent, is an affiliated foundation related to the University System of New Hampshire (USNH). Its sole purpose is to support Keene State College and its students and programs.
- Total KEA Assets as of June 2022 are more than $17 million. This endowment provides the College with flexibility to help students bridge the tuition gap and support college programs. Together with endowed funds held for the benefit of Keene State College by USNH, the College has endowed funds of more than $54.6 million.
- Endowment Assets of KEA are managed professionally by Cambridge Trust Company.
- The Endowment consists of eighty restricted funds, almost all designated for specific purposes by the donors:
- Sixty-one scholarships
- Nineteen funds supporting programs or facilities
- Since 2003, close to $3.9 million in support has been provided through KEA funds to Keene State College and its programs and students.
- In fiscal year 2022 alone, more than $365,000 was provided through KEA to support the College, and 141 students were provided with scholarships or other aid.
- The independent board of Trustees for the Keene Endowment Association consists of twenty active members. Of these, four are ex-officio College leaders, twelve are KSC alumni, and six are community members, faculty, or staff.
- Funds contributed to the Keene Endowment Association have come through both current gifts and through estate gifts and bequests. The largest single gift given to the KEA was $2.5 million.
- The Keene Endowment Association works in close concert with Keene State College staff and administration. Although it is a separate organization, the KEA is considered an affiliated institution within the University System of New Hampshire, and its financial statements are consolidated within the USNH Annual Report.
- In 2016 the Keene Endowment Association created a Sustainable and Responsible Investment option through the Cambridge Trust Company for the management of some funds. This portfolio consists of strong investments that meet high environmental, social, and governance standards.
- Gifts may be added to existing funds by any donor, at any time. New funds may also be created by donors interested in establishing a legacy at Keene State College.
For more information, please contact:
Jessica Bigaj, Manager, Stewardship & Cultivation
Keene State College
229 Main St, Keene NH 03435-2701