June 6, 7 and 8, 2014
Come home to Keene!
Remember the feeling you got walking down Appian Way or scoping out the Quad – that sense of belonging, that deep appreciation for the place and the people you’ve known here? Call it campus spirit or call it the KSC vibe; it’s shared by all Keene State graduates. Reunion is a great time to step back into the vibe, to connect and reconnect with others who hold that spirit dear, and to create vibrant new Keene State experiences.
Anyone who's class year that ends in a 4 or a 9 is celebrating a milestone reunion! Whether your class year ends in a 4 or 9, or anywhere in between, we can't wait to see you back on the Keene State College campus celebrating!
A note about accommodations: On-campus housing is available Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights and has been arranged for Reunion weekend through the Alumni Office in conjunction with Residential Life. Should you decide to stay on campus, room rate fees will be incorporated into your overall reunion registration process. Two residence halls have been reserved for alumni: historic Fiske Hall and award-winning, LEED-Silver-certified Pondside III. In addition, several hotels and bed and breakfasts are conveniently located within a mile of campus; contact them directly to reserve rooms.
Schedule of Events:
Friday, June 6
ALUMNI HIKE UP MOUNT MONADNOCK. Remember Mountain Day? On a clear day you can see forever, right? Gather a group of alumni family or friends for a spirited romp up our beloved rock pile. Mark Thamm ’77, our intrepid hike leader, will be ready with the KSC banner for the group picture at the summit! – Mount Monadnock State Park (park fee required)
NISSAN OF KEENE KSC GOLF CLASSIC. The KSC Athletic Department, in partnership with Nissan of Keene, invites alumni to participate in the annual KSC Golf Classic, benefiting KSC Athletic programs. (For additional information, please contact the Athletic Department at 603-358-2813.) – Brentwood Golf Course
CHECK IN/REGISTRATION. Pick up your registration packet, check out the message boards to see who’s attending, get your overnight room swipe card, and check for schedule updates. Cookies and refreshments will be available. COMPLIMENTARY. –* Lloyd P. Young Student Center*
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION VOLUNTEER RECOGNITION RECEPTION. by invitation
Alumni volunteers have contributed their time and expertise in hundreds of ways! From mentoring students to planning gatherings to serving on committees, volunteers have a positive impact on the advancement of the College’s mission. The Alumni Association Board of Directors, together with KSC President Anne Huot and Dr. Joanne Cepelak, wish to celebrate the special ways alumni are making a difference at KSC. – President’s House Garden
WELCOME BACK SOCIAL. The Alumni Center is home base for alumni at KSC. Come meet President Anne Huot and Dr. Joanne Cepelak, greet one another, and enjoy hearty appetizers while relaxing inside or on the patio and listening to live music. Just settle in to the KSC vibe. Remember, reunion is no work and all play! COMPLIMENTARY; CASH BAR. – Centennial Hall, Alumni Center
MEET ME DOWNTOWN. Not ready for the night to end? Neither are we! Head downtown and join other alumni at alum Ben Fournier ’08’s Scores Sports Bar & Grille. Enjoy each other’s company, listen to music, relive your college days, and make new Keene State memories.– Scores Sports Bar & Grille, Main Street & Railroad Square
Saturday, June 7
9 a.m.–4 p.m.
CHECK IN/REGISTRATION OPENS. Pick up your registration packet, check out the boards to see who’s attending, get your room swipe card, and check for schedule updates. – Lloyd P. Young Student Center
CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST. Light breakfast treats, coffee, tea, and juice. COMPLIMENTARY. – Lloyd P. Young Student Center
CLASS PHOTOS. Times approximate; look for handout at registration. – Lantern Room, Lloyd P. Young Student Center
GOLDEN CIRCLE GROUP PHOTO (CLASSES PRIOR TO AND INCLUDING 1964). The following classes will also have their photos taken at this time: Class of 1939, Class of 1944, Class of 1949, Class of 1954, Class of 1959. – Lantern Room, Lloyd P. Young Student Center
CLASS OF 1964 50TH CLASS MEETING. – Madison Street Lounge, Lloyd P. Young Student Center
GOLDEN CIRCLE SOCIETY MEETING. Membership in the Golden Circle Society at Keene State College is open to all alumni who graduated 50 or more years ago. Dr. Anne Huot, President of KSC, and Dr. Joanne Cepelak will be greeting GCS members and sharing news of the College. – Markem Lecture Hall, Putnam Science Center
CLASS OF 1959 55TH CLASS MEETING. – Atrium Conference Room, Lloyd P. Young Student Center
REUNION ANNIVERSARY PARADE OF CLASSES. This fun and proud procession of classes includes hundreds of alumni. Those celebrating milestone anniversary years and others take part in this quintessential Keene State tradition. The short stroll down Appian Way – with the Class of 1964 leading the way – will soon become one of your cherished memories. A great photo op for sure! – Gather between the Lloyd P. Young Student Center and the Putnam Science Center near the Class of 1957 clock tower
ALUMNI ASSOCIATION ANNUAL MEETING & AWARDS LUNCHEON. Please join Dr. Anne Huot, Dr. Joanne Cepelak, USNH Alumni Trustee Robert Baines ’68, and Alumni Association Board members as we celebrate our newest Golden Circle Society Medallion recipients, members of the Class of 1964. Recognition will be given to all anniversary classes and 2014 honorees will be announced for the Sprague Drennan, Alumni Achievement, Alumni Inspiration, and Outstanding Service Awards. Tables will be coordinated by class year. $20 per person. – Zorn Dining Commons
GET NUTTY IN THE NOC. Miss the Sizz? Sizzlers will be available at the Night Owl Café. YUM! All those who graduated in the 2000s are invited to celebrate with 2004 and2009 milestone reunion classes. $10 per person; CASH BAR. – Night Owl Café, Lloyd P. Young Student Center
ICE CREAM SOCIAL. From its start at Centennial Reunion in 2009, the ice cream social has been one of our favorite activities. Enjoy Walpole Scoop Shop homemade ice cream, made and contributed by David Westover ’72. – Fiske Quad
PRE-50th CLASS REUNIONS RECEPTION. Open to alumni classes from 1965–1970. Dr. Anne Huot and Dr. Joanne Cepelak warmly welcome class members who will be celebrating their 50th reunion in the next few years. COMPLIMENTARY; CASH BAR. – President’s house garden
ALUMNI AMUSEMENTS & AFFINITIES. Take some time to hang out, play backyard lawn games, catch up, and make connections. We have something for everyone, all led by alumni!
- Interested in yoga? 60-minute Vinyasa Flow Class – Fiske Hall Great Room
- Looking to make a Career Connection? The Alumni Career Support Committee is making it happen! – Rhodes Hall Atrium
- Need to get away? Looking for adventure? Been somewhere exciting and want to share? Alumni who travel: bring your binders and photos and share your stories. – Fiske Quad
- Just need to unwind? No tests, no papers, no problem! We’ll have lawn games or bring your own. – Fiske Quad
CLASS OF 1964 50TH REUNION DINNER. Where, oh where, did the time go? After five decades it’s time to celebrate this special life milestone. Cocktail reception followed by a scrumptious buffet and lots of lively storytelling. $30 per person; CASH BAR. – Centennial Hall, Alumni Center
6 p.m. A TOAST TO KEENE: RED & WHITE DINNER. Whether you wear red or white, we are sure to show you a good time. We are going BIG this year for this event and have included an around-the-world sampling of culinary delights that you are sure to go home raving about. $18 per person; CASH BAR. – Zorn Dining Commons
OH WHAT A NIGHT! A FAB NIGHT OF ENTERTAINMENT IN THE YOUNG STUDENT CENTER.
- LIVE MUSIC FROM VERSION SIX! Version 6, made up of KSC folks (Paul Kohler ’98, Julio DelSesto ’07, Mark Timney [Poli Sci], John Roberts [Art], Chuck Mobilia [IT], and Kris Kleine), is a hip, upbeat, fun-loving cover band that plays a wide variety of dance tunes from the ’60s to today. Genres include classic rock, modern rock, alternative, country, pop, funk, soul, and R & B. As experienced musicians, they enjoy the art of blending many songs together in a lively way to keep people on their feet. $5 per person cover; CASH BAR.
- MOVIE MANIA! JUMANJI! By popular demand and to celebrate the cameos of hundreds of 1994-era alumni, we bring you the movie that made Keene famous! The Parish Shoes Mural, the Rhinos in the Square – it’s all there! Relive your role as you roll the dice and unleash the memories!
- ACOUSTIC ALUMNI! Unplug and unwind with a quieter coffeehouse hangout setting. Chill out and chat, pull out the yearbooks and photo albums, and reminisce.
Sunday, June 8
PRESIDENT’S BRUNCH WITH DR. ANNE HUOT AND DR. JOANNE CEPELAK. A nice way to unwind after a busy weekend. Be our guest at this casual brunch buffet as you prepare to say your goodbyes to fellow Owls. COMPLIMENTARY. – Zorn Dining Commons
STAY AND PLAY IN THE MONADNOCK REGION! As you plan your weekend, leave a bit of time before going away to enjoy the region. Hang out on Oya Hill or over by Brickyard Pond, kayak one of our pristine lakes, explore the miles and miles of bike paths, or enjoy the many museums, galleries, and shops downtown.
A few details...
A $3 processing fee will be included in all registrations. No refunds will be given after May 31.
- REFUNDS. Requests for refunds must be received prior to May 30.
- RESIDENCE HALL AMENITIES. Fiske Hall is not air-conditioned and has shared baths on each floor. Pondside III (PIII) is designed with suite-style living. Suites contain a communal sitting area, kitchen (microwave but no stove or refrigerator), and shared bathroom.
- SPECIAL NEEDS. Guests requiring special assistance should contact the Alumni and Parent Relations Office at 603-358-2369 at least three weeks in advance of Reunion Weekend. Most event locations are partially or fully accessible.
- RECREATIONAL VEHICLES. Limited RV parking and hook-ups are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please contact the Alumni and Parent Relations Office at 603-358-2369 by May 30 to reserve a space.
We hope to see you at Reunion 2014!
Check out the Reunion 2013 Image Gallery!
We saw a lot of smiling faces during the weekend and are pleased to share photos with you! Be sure to visit the Reunion 2013 Photo Gallery.