Faculty Internship Support
Career Services is an ongoing resource for faculty, students, employers, and partners in the community. Career Services will support faculty in establishing and expanding opportunities for experiential learning and community engagement including internships, field-work, practicum, and service-learning courses.
The Internship Process
- Once a student has accepted an internship offer, they will need to register their internship through Handshake. Registration in Handshake ensures appropriate compliance paperwork is completed by the employer. Additionally, the Handshake submission ensures official course registration for the student.
- Prior to a student submitting their internship in Handsaheke, discuss the internship opportunity and any guidelines specific to your department with your student.
- Faculty will work with the student to complete Course Objectives, and Evaluation Strategy is needed for the internship registration form in Handshake.
- Directions to Register Internships (Experiences) in Handshake.
- Once the student enters the internship information into Handshake, an email will be automatically generated and sent to faculty and the internship site. They require faculty initials – please approve these right away so the student can be registered.
For questions related to credit-bearing internships, please contact, Kristin Brooks, Internship Coordinator.