A Message from the Director of Student Conduct
The Office of Student Conduct is excited to work with each and every student to help you reach your full potential at Keene State College. To achieve this goal, our office collaborates with a variety of departments on campus to ensure the College’s standards are met for all members of our community.
While you are a student at KSC, you are expected to follow our Code of Conduct as well as local, state, and federal laws and regulations. Our Code was created to build an environment where all can thrive academically and socially. As such our College will treat you as an adult and in return expects you to take responsibility for the decisions that you make and to learn from these choices.
Essential to our Conduct process is a student’s right to respond to any allegation of a violation made against him/her. The Office of Student Conduct is here to ensure that each person involved has a fair hearing and to support them throughout the entire incident. Going through the conduct process is a learning experience for students whether they are the victim, accused student, witness or a member of our hearing boards.
If you are a student, faculty, or staff member who would be interested in becoming a hearing board member or in learning more about the process, please contact our office. We would be happy to speak with you and have you join our team.
We also understand that your experience here involves your parents thus our office notifies parents of students who are dependents when found responsible for certain violations. Our aim is to work with families as a team to help make a student’s time at Keene State College meaningful. Please feel free to reach out to our office for anything that we can do to help you in achieving your academic and personal goals
We wish you great success during your time at Keene State College,
Assistant Dean of Students and Director of Student Conduct
Mission Statement and Guiding Values
Mission Statement of the Office of Student Conduct
The Keene State College Office of Student Conduct (OSC) promotes a safe and healthy College Community where students are able to think critically, creatively, and engage as an active citizen. The OSC seeks to educate students as to how they behave as a responsible member of the community while ensuring the student’s due process rights are upheld through an educational conduct process. The OSC is committed to treating our students equitably while utilizing ethical decision making in appropriately holding them accountable for their actions.
- Encourage students to be conscientious and accept responsibility for their actions and community impact
- Teach skills and strategies that will help assist students in positive decision making during their time at KSC and beyond
- Demonstrate the values of equity and social justice in our community
- Hold students accountable for behavior that is not consistent with the values of Keene State College
- Provide departmental and institutional resources to support the students throughout the conduct process
- Ensure that each student involved has a fair process and hearing regardless of their involvement whether they are the Reporting Party, Responding Party, victim, or witness