Skip Navigation

The College Camp on Wilson Pond

College Camp History

The College Camp on Wilson Pond has a rich history. Purchased by President Wallace E. Mason in 1929, the camp has been an important part of KSC students’ and others’ social activities for many years. A unique feature of the camp is the geographic fireplace, which was built in 1937. Students, faculty, alumni, and friends contributed stones from throughout New England, the United States, and Europe to create the now-famous fireplace. The camp was nearly sold in the late 1960s, but President Leo Redfern and alumni rallied to save it. The College Camp remains a beloved gathering place for members of the KSC and wider community.

The Camp Today

The College Camp underwent a complete renovation in 1999, which increased its appeal as a gathering place. The camp is an excellent spot for student meetings, alumni events, and business retreats. The camp building is equipped with comfortable furniture, an electric fireplace, conference tables, a complete kitchen, and wireless internet. Additional media equipment is the responsibility of the renter. Also, the camp is accessible to anyone with a disability.

The 100-seat outdoor pavilion offers an idyllic setting for weddings, and is the perfect location for class reunions and student picnics. There are 2 charcoal grills for your use (subject to catering guidelines). The wooded grounds offer many possibilities for recreation and relaxation.

Scheduling Procedures

General Questions
For more information about renting the College Camp, please please contact the KSC Event Scheduling Office at 603-358-2369 or via e-mail at

To submit a formal reservation request for the College Camp, please e-mail with the following information:

  • First and last name of renter
  • Day of event contact phone number
  • Event name (EX - picnic; birthday party, etc.)
  • Event type - College Camp on Wilson Pond
  • Anticipated event attendance
  • Requested event date(s)
  • Requested event setup/teardown times (PLEASE NOTE: Camp Hours are 8:00am-10:00pm)

Rental Rates:

  • High Season Rates (May-Oct) Weekday (M-F) $200/day / Weekend (Sa-Su) $400/day
  • Low Season Rates (Nov-April) Weekday (M-F) $150/day / Weekend (Sa-Su) $300/day
  • Payment is due 60 days prior to the event.
  • Cancellations made 21 or fewer days prior to reservation date will not receive a refund.


The indoor seating can accommodate ~40 guests. There are 2 dining room tables set up on the enclosed porch that seat 10 each, and 10 folding tables & 30 folding chairs available to use indoors or out. The outdoor pavilion can hold approximately 100 guests at its 10 wooden picnic tables. The parking lot holds around 50 cars.


As a regional venue, KSC hosts many activities on campus for students, faculty, staff, and external organizations that include food and beverage service. KSC is contracted with Chartwells as our exclusive food service provider. You can explore their menu options, create an account, and place your order online at You can also reach them at 603-358-2677 or email

  • If you are not working with our catering department and planning on bringing your own items (i.e., having a “potluck”), there are updated definitions around what we consider a potluck. The policy around catering is not flexible; any catered food (even if it is picked up from the caterer) must be provided through KSC Dining/Chartwells. Potlucks are defined as:
    *- Food or drink provided by various individuals that when combined, create the meal for groups of less than 30 people or;
    *- Refreshments provided by various individuals that when combined, create light refreshments for groups of less than 50 people.
  • What do we consider catering? Panera Bread, Hannaford, or other sandwich platters, pizza or other restaurant to-go or drop off order for multiple people.
  • What outside prepared food would we consider potluck? Dunkin Donuts, or other coffee house, coffee, donuts, or bagels for a group less than 50 people, not to include hot foods.
  • Bar Service: All alcohol at the camp MUST be provided via Chartwells. If you choose to provide a bar service, you must also provide a meal or heavy hors d’oeuvres to meet their minimum requirements. Your insurance certificate must also state the alcohol is being served (“liquor liability”).

Insurance Requirements:

  • Proof of insurance is required. Insurance must be in the name of the individual renting the camp.
  • The certificate holder shall be listed as: University System of New Hampshire (USNH), c/o Keene State College, 229 Main Street, Keene, NH 03435-2701.
  • Event Insurance. Without limiting User’s obligations under the preceding section, User agrees that it will at all times during the Term of the Agreement, at its own expense keep in full force and effect, from companies satisfactory to the Institution, insurance with combined single limit coverage of at least one million dollars ($1,000,000) per occurrence, and at least two million dollars ($2,000,000) in the aggregate, naming the Institution as an additional insured. A certificate of insurance shall be delivered to the Institution prior to the use of the Facility by the User. Said policy of insurance shall contain, and be outlined in the Description of Operations, a) an agreement on the part of the insurance company that the policy or policies will not be canceled, or the coverage amended, without thirty (30) days’ prior written notice to the Institution, and b) shall contain no exclusions or sub-limits for incidents arising from sexual misconduct (including, but not limited to, sexual molestation, sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating violence and stalking). User also will have in place a policy of statutorily mandated workers compensation insurance if required in accordance with applicable law and will carry any necessary automobile insurance. If User’s insurance is written on a claims-made basis, User shall purchase the coverage necessary to ensure continued and uninterrupted coverage of all claims related to the Facility, including those made after the policy expires or is terminated.
  • The policy needs to indicate if alcohol will be served at your event.
  • You may be able to add the Special event COI to your homeowner’s policy. Many customers have had a good experience with Eventsured (, TULIP (, and RVNA ( We do not endorse insurance companies; we are just sharing a resource given by other customers.

Building/Event Hours:

  • The earliest the camp may be accessed on the day of a reservation is 8:00 AM. Per town regulations, all events must end by 10:00 PM. The first Monday of each month is reserved for clients and potential clients to visit, but appointments are requested (please call to setup a time).

Contact the Office of Ceremonies & Events

☎ 603-358-2359