The College Camp on Wilson Pond
College Camp History
The College Camp on Wilson Pond has a rich history. Purchased by President Wallace E. Mason in 1929, the camp has been an important part of KSC students’ and others’ social activities for many years. A unique feature of the camp is the geographic fireplace, which was built in 1937. Students, faculty, alumni, and friends contributed stones from throughout New England, the United States, and Europe to create the now-famous fireplace. The camp was nearly sold in the late 1960s, but President Leo Redfern and alumni rallied to save it. The College Camp remains a beloved gathering place for members of the KSC and wider community.
The Camp Today
The College Camp underwent a complete renovation in 1999, which increased its appeal as a gathering place. The camp is an excellent spot for student meetings, alumni events, and business retreats. The camp building is equipped with comfortable furniture, an electric fireplace, conference tables, a complete kitchen, wireless internet and a projection screen. Additional media equipment is the responsibility of the renter. Also, the camp is accessible to anyone with a disability.
The 100-seat outdoor pavilion offers an idyllic setting for weddings, and is the perfect location for class reunions and student picnics. There are 2 BBQ grills for your use. The wooded grounds offer unlimited possibilities for recreation and relaxation.
For more information about renting the College Camp, please contact the KSC Event Scheduling Office at 603-358-2323 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
To submit a formal reservation request for the College Camp, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- First and last name of renter
- Day of event contact phone number
- Event name (EX - picnic; birthday party, etc)
- Event type - College Camp on Wilson Pond
- Anticipated event attendance
- Requested event date(s)
- Requested event time - PLEASE NOTE: Camp Hours are 8:00am-10:00pm
Our current rate structure is below:
• High Season Rates (May-Oct) Weekday (M-F) $200 Weekend (Sa-Su) $400
• Low Season Rates (Nov-April) Weekday (M-F) $150 Weekend (Sa-Su) $300
Please note that this is the complete rate structure for all groups.
Space Use Policies
The College Camp is located at 19 Page Court, Swanzey, NH, 03446, just a few miles south of the KSC campus. Take Main Street south from Keene; it turns into Route 12 south. Turn right on Route 32. Follow Route 32 past the airport (on your right) and Wilson Pond (on your left). Approximately 200 yards past the end of the pond turn left onto Safford Drive. Safford Drive leads you to a stop sign intersection. Turn left here and proceed 100 yards. The camp will be on your right.
In consideration of the surrounding residential neighborhood all events must end by 10:00pm, to include emptying trash and vacating the premises. The earliest the camp can be accessed on the day of the reservation is 8:00 am. Until August 20, 2018, the key for the camp can be picked up from 8 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday at the information desk on the 1st floor of the Student Center - 24 Madison St, Keene, NH. If you absolutely cannot pick the key up during these hours, please contact Sue Walthour at 358-2663, or email email@example.com to make other arrangements.
It is important to note that the KSC College Camp is in use nearly every day. Therefore, groups may visit the camp only on the day of their reservation. Failure to adhere to these guidelines will result in the cancellation of your reservation. If you would like to visit the camp for planning purposes on a date prior to your event, please note that an open house is held on the first Monday of every month (barring a holiday) from 6 - 7 PM. Please let the Scheduling Office know if you would like to attend. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
The camp building, pavilion, and grounds accommodate up to 200 people. However, there is only enough parking for 50 cars. The maximum occupancy of the lodge is 50 seated and 70 standing. Tables and chairs for 50 are available for your use. There is also a 12-foot-wide video screen; however, you must supply your own audiovisual equipment. The pavilion has enough picnic-table seating for 100 people.
- The college does not supply any media equipment at the camp. There is a projection screen and wireless internet available to you. Instructions for use of the Wi-Fi are posted throughout the camp. Acquiring any other necessary media equipment is the responsibility of the renter(s).
- There are ten 6 ft. tables and 30 folding chairs in the utility closet. There are also two 6 ft. wooden tables on the 4 season porch with 10 chairs each. Acquiring any other necessary furniture is the responsibility of the renter(s). Under the outdoor pavilion there are ten 8 ft. picnic tables. They can be moved if necessary; however, they must be returned to their original location at the conclusion of the event.
- There are 2 BBQ grills for your use. Please be sure to empty the coals from the grills into the ash bucket located under the sink area in the pavilion.
Should you choose to rent a tent, it must be constructed and taken down on the day of your event. Having tents up the day before or after the event will require the rental of an additional day or more. Tents over 400 square feet in size are subject to permitting and inspection through the Office of the State Fire Marshal per Informational Bulletin 2017-02. Most tent rental companies in the area are aware of these new procedures; however, it is recommended the renter confirm the tent rental company can comply with these regulations.
- Pavilion Lights: The switch to the pavilion lights is located inside the camp in the large closet at the bottom of the stairs. The switch is to the left as you enter.
- Responsibility of the Renter - The renter is responsible for returning all furniture to its original location both inside the camp and the pavilion. All trash barrels both inside and out are to be emptied into the dumpster located in the rear of the parking lot.
Please contact Rick Kraemer of KSC Dining Services at 603-358-2677.
You may not bring your own alcohol to the College Camp.
Please contact Rick Kraemer of KSC Dining Services at 603-358-2677 if you would like to contract bar service.
The use of chalk, paint, glue, glitter, confetti, staples and/or tacks of any kind inside the camp or on the Pavilion is PROHIBITED. Any approved items that you use for your event must be removed at the end of your rental. The use of candles is PROHIBITED both inside and outside of the camp. The use of fireworks is PROHIBITED. Please note - in keeping with Keene State College policy, NO DOGS are allowed on the property, unless a service animal.
Contact the Event Scheduling Office
Event Scheduling Office