Keene State College is committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for students, faculty, and staff. If an emergency does arise, it is important that you are informed of the situation and know how to respond accordingly. To that end, the Office of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) and Campus Safety have prepared this emergency guide to assist you in preventing, learning about, and dealing with emergencies. We urge you to become familiar with this handbook. We also invite you to contact us if you have any questions.
Always dial 911 for medical, fire, or police emergencies!
Important business numbers for all non-emergencies are listed below:
Campus Safety: 603-358-2228
Office of Environmental Health and Safety: 603-358-2879
On-Call Resident Director: 603-313-7818
Keene Police Department: 603-357-9813
Keene Fire Department: 603-357-9861
Important Notes for Cell Phone Users:
- If you call 911 from your cell phone, the call will be routed to Concord and then back to Keene, so please call Campus Safety at 358-2228, if possible, to save response time.
- Not every cell phone allows for 911 operators to determine your location or phone number. You may be asked to give your cell phone number and tell them what state you are calling from. Be forthcoming with this information. If the call is disconnected, the dispatcher will attempt to re-establish contact with you.
- Add the telephone numbers for Campus Safety (358-2228) and the Physical Plant (358-2202) to your cell phone address book.
Table of Contents:
- Emergency Communications
- Preparing Yourself for an Emergency
- General Procedures
- Explosion, Plane Crash, or Similar Alarm
- Medical Emergencies
- Violent, Criminal, or Disruptive Behavior
- Severe Weather Emergencies
- Oil and Hazardous Materials Spills
- References and Useful Websites