Past Webinars and Workshops
Recent webinars include a description, with a link to the recording for a few months after the webinar. Please contact us if you would like to arrange a customized version for your school. Most topics can be expanded into half, full-day, or longer trainings.
- Taking Care in Crisis: Understanding the Stress Response System and Functioning, with Cassie Yackley, June 2020
- Brain-Based Approaches to Managing Overwhelming Stress: Safety and Post-Traumatic Growth, with Cassie Yackley, June 2020
- Trauma-Informed Responses to Global Crisis: Brain-based approaches to staying socially connected during physical distancing, with Cassie Yackley, April 2020
- Mentoring from the Inside Out: Tips and Tools for Today’s Mentors, with Erin Zaffini, August 2020. Learn about the novice educator and stages of teacher development, then dive into the mentor-mentee relationship. Learn “what to do when” as you coach your mentee, and how to instill reflection in real-time and asynchronously through remote means. Explore common pitfalls, online mentoring tools, avoiding mentor burnout, and remote and in-person observation strategies. Zaffini webinar recording available until December 15, 2020. There are a couple times when breakout rooms were used and the recording goes blank - just fast forward until you see action again.
- Mindfulness for Educators, with Tom Bassarear, Spring 2019
Curriculum and Instructional Practices
- Supporting Student Engagement in Science and Engineering Practices in a Remote Learning World, with Jacob Pleasants, August 2020. I’ll present a framework that will help you develop high-quality online materials to support students’ learning of science and engineering practices (as well as their learning of science content). I’ll provide some examples of the framework in action. Pleasants webinar recording available until December 15, 2020. You can fast forward through the pause times.
- Rethinking Grading: Using Research-Driven Practices to Increase Grading Effectiveness, with Jayme Hines, August 2020. Let’s rethink the purpose and use of grading and consider the role of rubrics and feedback. We will discuss current research, unpack current grading habits, and share ideas for shifting our own grading practices. We will also cover grading in the remote teaching and learning environment. This webinar is based on the work of Thomas Guskey. Hines webinar recording available until December 15, 2020. We stopped the recording during breakout room times.
- Assessment Design and Rubric Development
- Performance Assessment
- Competency-Based Instructional Programs
- Competency-Based Grading
- Effective Utilization of Instructional Assistants
- Essentials for Achieving Rigor (Marzano)
- Gateway to Technology and Engineering STEM Initiative
- Interdisciplinary Teaching
- Differentiated Instruction
- Supporting the Complex Learner
- Math Standards and Competencies, for paraprofessionals
- Special Education and Section 504, for paraprofessionals
- Positive Behavioral Supports and Strategies, for paraprofessionals