Professional Learning for All Educators
The Southwest Center for Educator Support (SW Center) is the professional development component of Keene State Educator Preparation programs, and collaborates with educators and schools across the region to provide professional learning opportunities at all levels. We offer a variety of services to expand the knowledge and capacity of educators and administrators. Please contact us at any time with ideas about how we can serve you.
Upcoming Southwest Center Events
No events found.
Webinars and Workshops
The SW Center provides webinars and workshops that vary in style, format, and content. Topical areas include:
- Implicit Bias
- Trauma-Informed Schools
- Educational Leadership
- Curriculum and Instructional Practices
- Special Education, including Paraprofessional Training
Recordings of Recent Webinars
- When Implicit Bias Runs Amok, with Dottie Morris, April 2021. Watch: When Implicit Bias Runs Amok
- Challenging the Call-Out Culture, with Dottie Morris, March 2021. Watch: Challenging the Call-Out Culture
- Why Black History Month? Why February?, with Dottie Morris, February 2021. Watch: Why Black History Month? Why February?
We coordinate and host regular meetings for educational leaders in southwestern New Hampshire.
- Southwest Principals Collaborative
- Southwest Student Services Leaders
Regional School Leadership Consortium
Keene State College is collaborating with a consortium of school districts in our region to support teacher and principal leadership development. Graduate options include nationally accredited Master’s and Post-Master’s Educational Leadership programs leading to Principal certification, or a Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction for teacher leaders. Keene State, along with our school district partners, will support program participants to build highly effective principal and teacher leader skills, and advance as potential leaders within our schools and the educational community.
- Learn in an environment that supports cross-district sharing
- Core courses shared by principal and teacher leader candidates to provide a rich and relevant learning experience
- Preferred start in summer, with flexible options for alternate starting points
- Collaboration with partner school districts for co-curricular development and co-teaching of courses to integrate school goals and initiatives
- Blended learning format, including face-to-face seminars, project-based learning, individualized learning plans, partner school site visits, and individual faculty consultation
- Candidates from member school districts receive the final course in their program at no cost
Interested? Contact Steve Bigaj
Custom Training and Consulting
The SW Center will work with your school or district to design customized professional learning activities, consultation, or coaching.
Statewide Resource Websites
Next Steps NH is a comprehensive resource to support postsecondary transition planning for students with disabilities.
Extended Learning Opportunities (ELOs)
Beyond Classroom is a resource site for developing extended learning opportunity programs in a school, and for developing individual ELOs for a student.