The Community Service Office serves as a resource for students to connect with meaningful co-curricular service initiatives in partnership with local, regional, and international communities. We do this by:
- organizing a spectrum of community service initiatives that respond to community needs and complement the mission and values of Keene State College.
- promoting opportunities for involvement in student and community-led community service initiatives.
- advising and supporting service-based student organizations, building their capacity to engage peers in sustainable, effective, and mutually beneficial community service initiatives.
- facilitating opportunities for campus and community constituents to strengthen partnerships and collaboration through training, education, and assessment.
- inspiring students to make a lasting personal commitment to service, leadership, and social justice.
We recognize that community service takes many forms—direct and indirect volunteerism, advocacy, and philanthropy—which together create the greatest potential for student learning and community impact. From fostering a love of reading through a weekly commitment with the KSC Reads Program, to traveling across the country and the globe to fight the water crisis, and everything in between, there’s a community service opportunity available to meet every interest and availability!