The Hungry Owl’s mission is to reduce campus food insecurity at Keene State College by providing foods through donations from the community. Our goal is to never have a student, faculty or staff member go hungry. By feeding one mouth at a time, we hope to make a positive difference for the entire KSC community. If we can stop at least one person from going hungry, we have achieved our goal.
Getting Food from the Hungry Owl
Please note: You need to provide your KSC ID in order to receive food, but this is the only requirement. All personal information is kept confidential.
There are 3 ways of getting food from the Hungry Owl
- Stop by our main location in the basement of Joslin during our open hours. Hours are:
- Monday: 3 to 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 2 to 4:00pm
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: noon to 2:00pm
- Friday: 9 to 11:00am
- Place your order online and then pick it up at our main location in the basement of Joslin during open hours. You will choose your pick-up time when placing your order.
- Stop by any of our satellite locations and take what you would like from the shelves. Note that there is more of a selection at the main location. Here are the satellites locations:
- Rhodes Hall: 2nd-floor landing
- Spaulding Gym: basement near to the women’s locker room
- Mason Library: main lobby on the left, at the base of the stairs
- Science Center: take the west staircase to the 3rd floor, right next to room 332 on the left
- Elliot Center: after Aspire doors, to the left
- Campus Safety Office: first floor foyer
- Media Arts Center: in the left hallway
We also provide support to students that need help with completing SNAP applications.