M.S. Safety and Occupational Health Applied Science
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution of higher education, with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.50. Preference will be given to those with a GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Essay and goal statement
- Work or internship experience – Preference will be given to applicants who have gained relevant experience while serving as an employee or intern in an applicable work environment. College courses such as SAFE 200 or SAFE 400 at Keene State College may be used to satisfy this requirement.
- Three KSC applicant recommendation forms (two sides) completed by three different professional references. At least one reference must be from an individual who is not affiliated with KSC. A professional reference may include college or university professors, employers or supervisors, professional staff members or colleagues. Members of your family and friends are not considered to be professional references. Letters of recommendation written for employment are not acceptable.
A GPA below 2.50 may be considered if one of the following conditions is met:
- Calculation of last 60 attempted credits results in a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Earn 12 graduate credits with a GPA of 3.50 or higher
If you are not a U.S. citizen, you are an international applicant. If transcripts of course work you did at a foreign college or university are being forwarded to KSC, you must have the transcripts evaluated by a professional service such as World Education Services, Inc., and the transcripts must be accompanied by a certified English translation. In addition, all international applicants must demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
For international applicants:
Complete the application.
Enclose the $50 application fee.
Submit transcripts of all college preparatory education and/ or college- or university-level coursework (a certified English translation must accompany the transcripts).
Official Language Tests - If the language of instruction for the majority of your education has been taught in any language other than English, submit official test results for one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Paper Based Test, Computer Based Test, or Internet Based Test.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Submit a Certification of Finances form. This form is available through the Graduate Studies Office at Keene State College. Call 603-358-2497 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that information disclosed on the Certification of Finances has no bearing on the admissions decision.
Refer to the PREFERRED APPLICATION DATES and forward your application, fee, and all required materials to Graduate Admissions, Keene State College, 229 Main Street, Keene, NH 03435-2605.