Scheduling Campus Rooms and Space Procedures
- Event Reservations
- Posting of Printed Materials, Hanging of Banners, Easel Space, and Table Tents
- Table Exhibits, Displays, Sales, and Distribution of Materials
In an effort to optimize the efficiency of College facilities, offer quality service, and make the use of College space as functional as possible, the following procedures have been developed:
Requests for events must be submitted via the KSC Online Event Scheduling Request Form. Requests must be submitted at least 3 business days prior to the event.
Rooms book quickly on campus, so all are encouraged to sumbmit requests as far in advance of the event as possible. If the KSC Scheduling Office is unable to accommodate the request, they will work with you to find an available space or date that meets the needs of the event. Requests will be processed within 3 business days of receipt and confirmation will be sent via email. If a request is being made for a larger event such as a conference or concert, please contact the KSC Scheduling Office in the initial stages of planning so that they are aware of the pending request.
The KSC Online Event Scheduling Request Form is currently used only to book space. If additional services are needed, such as catering or parking, they can be requested as follows:
- Catering: Requests are to be made by contacting KSC Catering, 603-358-2677 at least ten (10) days prior to your event.
- Parking: Requests for parking, whether for 1 or 100 people, are to be made through the on-line Event Parking Request form. Once this form is received, a representative from the parking office will e-mail you with instructions regarding parking.
Organizers and sponsors of events using KSC Facilities are responsible for providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who request them. PUBLICITY FOR EVENTS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT: In order to request accommodations for a disability, please contact (Name of event organizer, department, telephone #) at least 14 days prior to the event.
Posting of Printed Materials, Hanging of Banners, Easel Space, and Table Tents
Printed material may be posted only on designated bulletin boards and other approved spaces on campus. Nothing may be posted on any other surface. All materials must conform to the Posting Policy as outlined in the Student Handbook. All postings are subject to removal subject to the discretion of L P Young Student Center professional staff.
The hanging of banners is permitted in the Student Center. Banner and easel spaces which are managed by the Student Center are available for reservation by student organizations, on-campus offices and departments and organizations by filling out a Banner/Easel/Table Tent Request Form available at the Information Desk. A group may reserve one space for one week (7 continuous days) and that request may be granted an additional week if space is available.
Table tents must be of high quality and must be approved by the Student Center prior to placement. The table tents are allowed to remain in place for up to seven consecutive days, after which the sponsoring group is responsible for their collection.
Table Exhibits, Displays, Sales, and Distribution of Materials
Tables are available for use in designated public spaces in the Student Center and adjacent outdoor space by on-campus and external organizations. Tables may be reserved through the Scheduling Office with a seven (7) day notice. All persons using tables must adhere to the tabling regulations found in the Student Handbook and remain within the area designated.
Table spaces are available at no charge to on-campus offices and student organizations for up to five (5) consecutive days per week. Additional dates may be granted if space is available. The event sponsor or vendor is responsible for compliance with all laws and regulations of the City of Keene and the State of New Hampshire regarding all items sold.
All material distributed within the Student Center or at adjacent public space must meet the standards specified in the Student Handbook. No alcoholic beverages or tobacco products may be distributed in any common area in or adjacent to the Student Center.
Vendors may contract for the use of vendor/market spaces in the Student Center for a maximum of two (2) days per month. Vendors granted space will be treated as guests of Keene State College, and are expected to adhere to all applicable College and Student Center policies and procedures. Failure to comply with any policy may result in forfeiture of all fees paid and/or loss of reservation privileges.
- The fee is $100 per day. Payment is due 10 working days prior to the event to guarantee the space. Payment is non-refundable. KSC is not responsible for returned checks due to insufficient funds.
- Vendors can schedule two (2) days per month for vendor space. Credit card vendors, whether or not sponsored by student organizations, will be permitted only during a two-day credit card fair each semester (dates to be determined by the Scheduling Office).
- The vendor space will provide you with one medium-sized table and one chair. One additional table may be provided by the vendor. There must be absolutely no taping, gluing, tacking or hanging any items from the walls or ceiling for vendor advertising or display. The hours for use of vendor space are 8 am to 7 pm, which includes setup and breakdown time. Vendor space will be assigned by the Student Center.
- The Scheduling Office will send you a copy of your confirmation via email. Vendors must bring a copy of the confirmation with them on the day(s) of the event in order to receive a parking permit.
- Vendors must report to the Information Desk in the atrium of the Student Center before setting up.