Owl Card Policy
The Owl Card is the official Keene State College photo ID for students, employees and other individuals affiliated with KSC. The Owl Card Policy governs the use and issuance of the KSC Owl Card for both the new Owl Card design and the former KSC ID Card design.
Owl Card Use
Keene State Owl Card includes but is not limited to the following campus services:
- Residence Hall/Campus Building Access
- Library Services
- Dining Services
- Recreation Center Access
- Vending Purchases
Owl Card Eligibility
- All employees (PAT, OS, Faculty, Adjunct and Complementary staff).
Owl Card Holders Responsibilities
- Use and acceptance of this card indicates your agreement to the terms and conditions that govern its use.
- Card holder is responsible to immediately report a lost/stolen card. To report lost/stolen or found card, call Campus Safety 603-358-2228 or go to get.cbord.com/owlcard.
- This card must be presented upon request by a College employee.
- This card is non-transferable and will be confiscated if found in possession of another person.
- Lending/sharing /fraudulent use/alteration of this card is grounds for College disciplinary action.
- Card holder is responsible for expenditures and/or activity with this card until card is reported lost/stolen and for replacement card fee.
Owl Card Replacement Procedures
- There is a $25 replacement fee for Owl Cards. This fee is charged to a student’s account at the time a replacement card is issued. The $25 replacement fee may be waived if both a) and b) are satisfied.
- Owl Card is no longer fully functional (i.e. mag stripe is not working and/or identifying features—photo, name, ID number—are not visible/legible) as a result of normal use.
- Card holder turns in the current, non-functioning card to Owl Card office at the time replacement Owl Card is issued.
- Student/employee must provide government form of identification.
- KSC does not issue temporary cards.
- KSC does not re-activate cards.
- Replacement cards are available at the Owl Card Office M-F 8am-4:30pm.
- When the Owl Card Office is closed, Campus Safety can provide a replacement card.
Owl Card Lost or Found Procedures
- Card holders should report a card as being lost at get.cbord.com/owlcard or by calling Campus Safety at 603-358-2228.
- Campus Safety will verify if card has been replaced. If card has been replaced, Campus Safety will destroy found card immediately.
- Campus Safety will notify a card holder of found Owl Card and indicate card holder has seven days to claim found card at Campus Safety, with the exception of times when classes are not in session.
- After seven days, found cards will be shredded and card holder will be subject to Owl Card replacement fee, if applicable.
Owl Card Refund Procedures
- Owl Cash and Dining Dollars deposited to your Owl Card must remain on your account until graduation, withdrawal or separation from Keene State College.
- Upon written request to email@example.com, Owl Cash and Dining Dollars balances of greater than $20.00 may be refunded after a deduction of a $20.00 processing fee as long as the Student Billing Account is in good standing. If not, unspent Owl Cash and/or Dining * Dollars will be applied to pay down any unpaid balance.
- In your written request to firstname.lastname@example.org please include the mailing address as to where your refund, if applicable, should be sent.
- Please allow two weeks for your refund request to be processed.
- Meal Plan Dollars included with the initial purchase of your meal plan are subject to the same refund policy as meal plans. Unused Meal Plan Dollar balances for an academic year do not transfer to the following year.
For questions, please contact the Owl Card Office at 603-358-2673 or email@example.com
Updated: August 31, 2012