Skip Navigation

Grade Appeals

If a student believes that he/she has not been graded according to criteria contained in the course syllabus, or has been graded unfairly or inaccurately, the student should first consult with the course instructor about the course requirements and grading procedures. The protocol for having the grade further reviewed includes a written appeal to the department chair. If serious concerns continue, the student may petition the dean who conducts a review and renders a decision.

If the matter is not resolved at the dean’s level, the student may appeal in writing to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs. If the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs determines that the matter cannot be otherwise resolved, he or she has the option of removing any record of the student’s registration in the course from his or her transcript without penalty to the student.

(Revised May, 2011)

About this Policy

Grade Appeals
Ownership: Academic Deans,
Last Modified: Oct 31, 2017 – webmaster, on behalf of
Categories: Academic
For questions regarding this policy, please contact the policy owner.
Download icon Download as PDF