Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) Training
All investigators at Keene State College are required to comply with the Mandatory Research Integrity Training Policy of the institution.
In order to assist Keene State College researchers in meeting institutional and sponsor requirements for research integrity training, the College is a member of the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI). This paid subscription provides online training modules in four key areas of research ethics:
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) (required of any individual paid from an external grant to conduct research, including faculty, students, and staff)
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) Protection of Human Subjects (required for any individual conducting human subjects research, regardless of funding status)
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) (required for any individual conducting animal research, regardless of funding status)
- Financial Conflicts of Interest (FCOI) in Research and Educational Activities (required of individuals responsible for the design, conduct, or reporting of any externally sponsored research or educational activity, or those seeking funding for such)
If you have questions regarding what training might be required of you or members of your research team, please read the full Mandatory Research Integrity Training Policy, or contact Audrey Arsenault.
To complete the training, please visit the CITI website, and complete the following steps:
- Register and affiliate yourself with Keene State College. This is essential so that KSC receives proof of your completion of training via a system generated notification.
- Select the appropriate course(s) (e.g., Responsible Conduct of Research, Human Subjects Research, Lab Animal Research, FCOI) and the appropriate learner group (e.g., Social/Behavioral Research, Humanities, Physical Sciences, etc.)
- Complete the online readings and quizzes. You may log in and out of the system as many times as you need. It is recommended that you NOT try to complete the training in a single session. Each time you log in, you will be able to continue from where you previously left off. You can repeat quizzes and readings as many times as needed.
For people new to the CITI on-line training process, a step-by-step guide to registering and selecting courses in the CITI curriculum is available for your review. Please read the KSC Research Compliance Training Guide.
Once training is done, completion certificates are good for a period of 3 years in the case of RCR, IRB, and IACUC, and for a period of 4 years for FCOI, after which a brief “refresher” module is required to update your certification. If you need assistance registering with the system, please contact Audrey Arsenault.
I still have questions. Whom can I contact?
Manager, Financial Research Administration & Compliance
Office of Sponsored Projects & Research