Online Master in Safety & Occupational Health Applied Sciences
Keene State College’s graduate program in safety and occupational health applied sciences provides a dynamic learning experience for occupational safety and health professionals seeking advanced study in the profession. Keene State’s online format ensures that students can achieve their goals while balancing busy schedules and commitments.
Safety and occupational health professionals will find this program to be very accessible and full of content that will help them successfully face the philosophical, technological and managerial challenges emerging in the field today.
Candidates for this degree will enjoy the guidance and mentorship of KSC faculty, engaging coursework, seminar discussions, fieldwork, readings, professional conferences, and opportunities to engage in meaningful and useful research.
Keene State’s program offers:
- Advanced professional capability. Graduates improve their ability to anticipate, evaluate, and control hazards within the workplace to protect the health and safety of employees.
- Accessible, substantial program content helps safety and occupational health professionals face the philosophical, technological, and managerial challenges emerging in the world today. Candidates for this degree enjoy the guidance and mentorship of faculty, engaging coursework, seminar discussions, field work, readings, professional conferences, and opportunities to take part in useful research.
- The essential tools of confident, competent leaders. Graduates demonstrate competence in critical and creative thinking, quantitative and technological literacy, advanced management, and writing skills.
- Mastery of innovative technical solutions balanced with moral and ethical considerations in public and private sectors.
- An exceptional tuition value. Tuition and fees competitive with and lower than surrounding schools with only a minimal premium for non-residents. Keene State’s highly regarding faculty bring their extensive experience from their field to the virtual classroom.
- Individual attention from admissions interview to graduation and beyond. We want to hear your unique story. Every applicant receives an interview, setting the tone for an educational relationship with faculty mentors who take explicit interest in their students’ goals and their self-expression. These mentorships continue as graduates enter the field.
- Full Academic and Technical Support. Registration and Technical Support for Your Online Courses.
Students learn to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and science to identify contemporary issues and solve applied science problems
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data
- Formulate or design a system process or program to meet identified outcomes
- Communicate effectively and actively contribute toward the goals of multi-disciplinary teams
- Understand the effect of solutions – in society and across the globe
- Reflect on personal performance to address a broad range of professional and ethical responsibilities
- Acquire and apply techniques, skills, and technical-scientific tools.
|Term 1||Fall||Current Issues in Safety|
|Best Practices in Safety|
|Applied Occupational Health|
|Term 2||Spring||Safety Management Systems|
|Risk and Safety|
|Advanced Safety Research|
|Term 3||Summer||Leading Safety Changes|
|Legal and Ethical Issues|
Tuition and Fees
|Part-Time Matriculated, Credit||$530||$580||$111|
|Continuing Education, Credit||$530||$580||$29|