Master of Arts Degree in History and Archives
Take your career to the next level with a Master’s degree from Keene State.
Archival records are useful at every level of society; from personal and familial to national and international. But these records are easily lost or damaged without efforts to preserve, protect, and keep them accessible. This is why the role of the professional archivist is vital. Archivists make the past available for a broad range of current needs and uses.
- Graduates will be eligible to take the archival certification exam administered by the Academy of Certified Archivists.
- A career path for the professional archivist could lead in a number of diverse directions, including work in:
- Public and Private Libraries
- Historical Societies
- Municipal and State Archives
- Military Records
- Corporate Archives
- Legal and Judicial Libraries
Flexible Scheduling for Undergraduate Students and Working Professionals
The M.A. in History and Archives Program offers a “4 plus 1” option for current undergraduate students who wish to complete their studies without interruption at the Master’s level. Students with a baccalaureate degree in any field may apply for admission to this graduate program on a part-time or full-time basis.
Courses will be offered during the Summer Session, and as evening classes, as well as during the day during the regular academic fall and spring semesters. This flexible scheduling will enable graduate students to work and balance a busy schedule.
Keene State Faculty Associated with the Program
- Andrew D. Wilson, PhD, Professor of History and Philosophy
- Gregory Knouff, PhD, Professor of History
- Matthew Crocker, PhD, Professor of History
- Nicholas Germana, PhD, Professor of History
- Graham Warder, PhD, Associate Professor of History
- Susan Wade, PhD, Associate Professor of History
- Rodney Obien, Associate Professor, College Archivist and Head of Special Collections
- Brian Burford, New Hampshire State Archivist
Tuition and Fees
|Part-Time Matriculated, Credit||$530||$580||$111|
|Continuing Education, Credit||$530||$580||$29|