Under the direction of the Plant Director and in cooperation with the corporate Health and Safety Manager, lead and manage all aspects of the plant safety program including the development of a strong H&S culture for a 150 employee, 7 day/24 hour manufacturing operation in Plattsburgh, NY.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Adhere to all safety rules and regulations established by the company.
2. Plan and execute the site safety function requirements.
3. Ensure compliance with OSHA, State and local jurisdiction regulations and requirements.
4. Coordinate the implementation at the site level of the organizational health and safety management system (HSMS).
5. Ensure the development, implementation and updating of required written safety and health programs and plans.
6. Conduct safety trainings for workers at time of new hire orientation as well as ongoing.
7. Coordinate safety trainings for newly hired workers with sub-contractors and/or consultants as necessary.
8. Develop and maintain a safety training calendar to ensure employees are trained in accordance of external and internal requirements.
9. Intervene when a right of refusal is exercised.
10. Chair the sites Safety Committee Meetings.
11. Support the completion of accident investigations and illness exposure monitoring.
12. Conduct investigations into employee inquiries, suggestions and complaints.
13. Implement preventive measures and recommend improvements on the unsafe conditions/materials/equipment encountered during routine course of business.
14. Update and communicate all H&S related KPIs within the organization.
15. Audit OSHA logs and documentation for completion.
16. Coordinate with HR the return to work of injured employees.
17. Act as lead during all H&S investigations/inquiries made by outside parties i.e. OSHA.
18. Work with area leads to develop corrective action plans as a result of Risk Assessment results and employee engagement.
19. Participate in working meetings with area leads on the development of corrective action plans.
20. Assist in sourcing resources needed for Risk Assessment corrective action plans as necessary.
21. Develop a system to schedule new Risk Assessments and re-evaluations as necessary.
22. Coordinate personnel to complete Risk Assessments and re-evaluations as necessary.
23. Develop a system to audit the corrective actions implemented to ensure that these are continuing to meet the goals/objectives.
24. Report status of project at monthly Risk Assessment steering committee meeting.
25. Provide visibility of progression on Risk Assessment corrective action plans to leadership via routine progress updates.
26. Communicate progress and challenges with applicable stakeholders both internally and externally.
27. Maintain required safety and health documents/files.
28. Comply with Company Policies and Procedures.
Minor Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform other duties and assignments as directed by management.
1. Job Shop environment.
2. Rapidly changing priorities.
3. Must be able to work in hot conditions.
4. Must be willing to interact with manufacturing personnel in an industrial setting.
5. Must be willing to arrange schedule to work on on-shifts as necessary to accommodate a 24/7 operation.
6. Forty hour work week (potential for overtime dependent on work load).
1. Minimum of an associates degree in Business, HR and or the sciences.
2. 6-10 years demonstrated safety coordinating and management experience preferably within a manufacturing setting.
3. Completion of OSHAs 30 hour general industry course/certification program.
4. Strong analytical and presentation skills.
5. Strong systems development skills.
6. Demonstrated people mobilization competency.
7. Effective communication skills both speaking and writing with peers, management, employees, and vendors.
8. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Applications - Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook/Internet Explorer, etc.
9. Effective problem solving and planning/organization skills.
10. Demonstrated effective conflict resolution skills.
11. Self-motivated; takes initiative, and works with urgency.
12. Team player; works cooperatively with others to solve problems and willingly helps others when assistance is needed.
55K+ and competitive benefits
Camoplast Solideal is the world leading specialist in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of off-road tires, wheels, rubber tracks, undercarriage systems, to serve the material handling, construction, agriculture, powersports, and defense industries.
We use the full power of our experience, engineering expertise, innovation skills, support and best-in-class manufacturing capabilities to deliver high performance products of unrivaled quality and value.
On the strength of a global team of more than 8000 dedicated employees, we operate advanced R&D centers, as well as manufacturing plants in the U.S.A., Canada, Europe and Asia. We distribute our products in the replacement market through our worldwide distribution network. In each location, our team is dedicated to be the best at meeting customer needs. As a strategic supplier to leading Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM), we also deliver our products directly to their assembly lines.
Academic and Career Advising offers no guarantees about any position posted through this web site and is not responsible for any aspect of resulting employment. Listings on this page do not constitute Keene State College endorsement or affiliation. Students are responsible for gathering all necessary information about the position and the employer.
Local, regional, and national companies and organizations as well as private families wish to recruit you for various openings. These range from part-time positions for pay while you are in school; summer jobs for either experience or pay; internships related to your field of study (paid and unpaid; as well as career opportunities when you are ready to graduate.
Contact Academic and Career Advising
Academic and Career Advising Office
229 Main Street
Keene, New Hampshire 03435