I chose KSC because I loved the close-knit feeling of the campus.
Why Choose KSC
This is what Keene State has to offer:
- A four-year residential college focused on you, the undergraduate.
- A school large enough to give you room to fly; small enough so you can’t disappear.
- A liberal arts education that prepares you for life: your next move, and how to get there.
- A good value. You spend four years here, committed to learning. We equip you for the next 40. That’s a promise.
Whatever you plan for your future, Keene State can give you the knowledge and skills to put you on the path to success. Whether you see yourself as an artist, a teacher, a nurse, a scientist, a physical trainer, a business leader, a designer for high-tech manufacturing – let your imagination be your guide – we offer over 40 areas of study to get you where you want to go. More about Majors & Degrees
Check out our list of programs – plenty of wise choices await.
If you want to graduate in four years, you will need to commit to a major as soon as possible. During your first academic year, while you explore the curriculum, make friends with an advisor in the Academic and Career Center in Elliot Hall.
College is not cheap, but we firmly believe we provide an exceptional value.
|2015-16 Charges||Resident of NH||Out-of-State|
|Board (platinum plan)||$3,340||$3,340|
Tuition and Fee rates are approved by the University System of New Hampshire Board of Trustees and are subject to change at any time.
Please note: Pre-licensure nursing students pay a $500 tuition differential in each of their four clinical semesters.
- 92% of KSC Students
- receive financial assistance.
- $13 million
- in Institutional Financial Aid awarded by Keene State College
- $5.2 million
- in Federal scholarships and grants was awarded
- $1.5 million
- was awarded as Student Work Study employment
- $4.74 Million
- in Pell Grants to neediest students
More than 90 percent of our students receive financial assistance.
Providing students with workable packages of merit scholarships and grants, loans, and campus jobs is the highest priority of our Financial Aid office. In order to demonstrate financial need, required forms, especially the FAFSA, must be filed on time.
What is a financial aid package?
No two students are alike, but if you are admitted and qualify for financial aid, you will be awarded a package: some combination of scholarships (which do not have to be paid back), loans (which do), and work on campus (which, believe it or not, can be fun, and even educational).
Admitted Student Day!
You’re In! Imagine yourself here. Register now for one of our Admitted Student Days.
- Visit our first year residence halls and mingle with students
- Enjoy lunch in our Dining Commons
- Meet our faculty during our “Major” Fair
- Browse the Owl Information Fair to learn more about Student Activities and Support Services
- Hang out with us from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. – you’ll be glad you did!
Students and faculty share why we are Keene State.#WeAreKeeneState
Most Keene State students apply directly from high school, although we also welcome older students, transfer students, and anyone interested in learning. If you are a high school student, we pay a lot of attention to your performance in college preparatory courses, a great predictor of college success.
High school coursework must include:
|Social Studies||2 units|
|Academic electives||2 units|
*at a minimum, Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry
To apply, complete and submit the Common Application form and KSC Supplement at commonapp.org (preferred) or by mail. The application fee is $50.
Congratulations on being admitted to Keene State College! What’s next?
What’s Orientation? It’s a way to get acquainted. With your roommate, with the campus, with your class.
Spring Orientation for new students is: Sunday, January 17th, 2016
June Orientation dates are as follows:
- Session 1: June 5 - 6, 2016
- Session 2: June 8 - 9, 2016
- Session 3: June 12 - 13, 2016
- Session 4: June 15 - 16, 2016
As a parent or guardian of a Keene State student, you are part of a wonderful community and we invite you to become involved with campus life. We offer Parent Information Sessions as well as a Resource Guide for Parents. More about Become a Keene State Parent
Many adult students are starting college for the first time or looking for ways to balance a number of personal or professional commitments. More about Adult Students
Keene State values our veterans and offers the resources to help make your experience at Keene State one that exceeds your expectations. More about Veteran Students
Thinking about starting or completing a degree? We know your experience and your goals may be different. More about Part-Time Students
A transfer student is any applicant who has ever applied to and been enrolled at any post-secondary college or university. Even if you took only one course or did not complete a semester. More about Transfer Students
229 Main Street
Keene, New Hampshire 03435